Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this posted on Reddit, didn't see another thread about it here.

https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/N...ID=1&regionID=1&divisionID=1&vehicleID=21524#

If you click on the "New for 2019" link you can see what's changed.

Looks like Arctic Blue and Orange Burst are going away.

New colors are Green Mist, Slate Gray Metallic (seems like "Slate Gray" shouldn't be a metallic color) and something called "Shock" which will cost extra.

There's a "Tire Fill Alert" which will be standard equipment as well as something called "(BOP) Smartphone interface, vehicle entry, start and operation, includes (B1U) car sharing" that's only going to b available for fleet orders, I'f I had too guess I'd say the later is probably something related to allowing your employees to unlock and drive your fleet Bolts with their phones similar to how Maven works.

The only other notable change is they are letting you order the Driver Confidence II Package on the Bolt LT.

Nothing at all about a larger or different battery or DCFC being included as standard equipment. Not getting a (significantly) different battery than the 2017's and 2018's is actually very good for us existing Bolt owners who plan to keep our cars for a long time. The longer the battery remains largely unchanged and the more cars that are sold with that battery increases the probability that we'll have options for affordable battery repair or replacement (swap) down the line if needed as 3rd parties are likely to buy & refurbish Bolt batteries if there is enough of a market for it.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK digging deeper into this:

The "Rear Seat Delete" option we've heard about is listed, it's only available on the LT and includes among other things 16" steel wheels and 205/55-16 tires. Seems like this is as closest thing to we've got to a "factory" spare tire option. Also if I'm reading it right if you get a car with the Rear Seat Delete option you'd don't get an L1 charger. Strange but I'd guess the fleet customers that are going to be purchasing these have no need for the anemic charger and will have L2 chargers at their base.

The new "Smartphone Interface" which includes car sharing also seems to bundle DCFC as well as Infortainment and Driver Confidence II and is available on both the LT and the Premier. I really wonder what fleet customers this is being aimed at other than the obvious Maven like services.

The battery is listed as a 60kWh unit, not sure if it was listed as that in previous years but it's probably substantially the same as our Bolts

No idea what this "Shock" color is but it includes the Black grille.

·
Premium Member
2,400 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
...New colors are Green Mist, Slate Gray Metallic (seems like "Slate Gray" shouldn't be a metallic color)
I don't understand grey cars. It's the same color as the other guy's dirty rear view mirror. And it doesn't contrast with the color of pavement. I've made the mistake of not seeing a gray car approaching unreasonably fast, as I waited to turn into the boulevard.

My own choice would be high visibility as the first priority, then aesthetics.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
"Shock" could be one of the new exotic colors being rolled out by GM. Just perused their site and saw that the '19 Spark will be getting 4 new colors. (Raspberry,Caribbean Blue Metallic, Passion Fruit and Orange Burst Metallic)

·
Premium Member
2,400 Posts
"Shock" could be one of the new exotic colors being rolled out by GM. Just perused their site and saw that the '19 Spark will be getting 4 new colors. (Raspberry,Caribbean Blue Metallic, Passion Fruit and Orange Burst Metallic)
I'm not even sure what color "Shock" could be. I wonder if it's some kind of orange, since they are canning orange burst (and there is still a blue option even though arctic blue is going away, kinetic blue).

·
Registered
771 Posts
FWIW, The "Shock" paint code is "GKO", and the "Shock" touch-up paint is "WA-628D"

I couldn't find any other reference beyond the 2019 Chevrolet Order Guide.

My guess is it's akin to the Pearlescent Deep Orange used on the original Bolt concept show car.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I'm not even sure what color "Shock" could be. I wonder if it's some kind of orange, since they are canning orange burst (and there is still a blue option even though arctic blue is going away, kinetic blue).
Or maybe a blazing yellow as a nod to the car's namesake? :D Kinda like the ones I've seen on some Corvettes.

FWIW, The "Shock" paint code is "GKO", and the "Shock" touch-up paint is "WA-628D"

I couldn't find any other reference beyond the 2019 Chevrolet Order Guide.

My guess is it's akin to the Pearlescent Deep Orange used on the original Bolt concept show car.

Nice, this'd certainly fill in the void that the Orange Burst would make. Two votes for orange so far!

·
Registered
575 Posts
It is curious that they would use the Bolt in Arctic Blue in the image. This is one of the colors they are deleting. My Bolt is Arctic Blue, and I love the color: far and away my favorite color for the car. Adding another grey: how boring.

'RPO Codes - Chevrolet Truck Bolt EV': TRUCK!?! The Bolt is NOT a truck!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It is curious that they would use the Bolt in Arctic Blue in the image. This is one of the colors they are deleting. My Bolt is Arctic Blue, and I love the color: far and away my favorite color for the car. Adding another grey: how boring.

'RPO Codes - Chevrolet Truck Bolt EV': TRUCK!?! The Bolt is NOT a truck!
I think since GM calls the Bolt a "Crossover" it's counted in the truck category by them.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Maybe you can get a camo version too. Maybe it'd be enough to trick unsuspecting ******** to buy an EV? :p

·
Registered
140 Posts
I may be a weird minority but i wish more cars were brown. For a while when i was looking at used Model S-es i really wanted that metallic brown Tesla used to offer up until 2015 i think. That or a nice medium green like the new color for the 2019 Mustang.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,580 Posts
This is an ordering site for the 2019 Chevy Bolt "truck". I think that means the rear seat delete delivery vehicle only. While I'm sure this does give us hints on what might be in store for the '19 Bolt, the actual options for the 2019 Bolt are still unknown.

I agree with others here though, 3 different shades of gray? Really? How much dull, drab and boring do people need??

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I may be a weird minority but i wish more cars were brown. For a while when i was looking at used Model S-es i really wanted that metallic brown Tesla used to offer up until 2015 i think.
I believe some of the more serious-looking GM vehicles have brown as a factory option. Wonder if you could bring a Bolt in to one of their certified body shops and have it repainted. Hehe

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.