Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rumor has it Nissan is going to do some catching up with their 2019 model due out later this year - 60 kWH battery, thermal management, 160 kW motor, and 100 kW Charging.

Should put some pressure on GM to respond in 2020.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Just an unconfirmed update CallMeBoltdriver. The manager at the local Nissan outlet here told me that the first rollout of the 2019 Leaf will not include any changes to its battery, but will be followed by a 2019.5 edition round about next July with the updated battery tech that has been previously announced. Apparently like Tesla and GM, Nissan has had trouble making production targets for the 2018 Leaf, which he cited as being the reason for a Model year carryover into 2019. I don't know if Nissan was able to reach the set goal in global sales of 100k, but the Leaf has sold very well in Japan and Europe. 2018 Leaf's were basically non-existent here with less then 70 deliveries, and the price for a used one has gone up considerably. Last April, I could have got a top trim level 2015ish Leaf for about 15k CND. Today a similar car is about 19K. Nissan certainly has some catching up to do. Lets hope 2019 is the year they do it.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I don't know if Nissan was able to reach the set goal in global sales of 100k, but the Leaf has sold very well in Japan and Europe. 2018 Leaf's were basically non-existent here with less then 70 deliveries, and the price for a used one has gone up considerably.
Perhaps Nissan saw better sales in EU because of the shorter distances. Sales poor in the US because a car that goes 80-100 miles won’t sell.... For me personally once I saw a car hit 200 miles on a battery, I was sold. I’d been sitting on the fence since my work requires I’m on call 24/7 and a round trip to work is 52 miles. Once I could make 2 or more trips in a day, I was ready for an EV.

167 Posts
I see a lot of those short-range-no-thermal-management 1st generation Nissan Leafs and BMW I3's out here in California. Sucks to be them! And I'm not jealous of any Tesla owner neither. I was out walking the other day and a 2012 Model S rounded the corner making a horrific cacphony of mechanical distress noise. Griiiiinnnndddd! Good luck getting that heap fixed there Hoss.
I love the Bolt EV and I wouldn't sell or trade for a model 3 either! You shouldn't either!

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I see a lot of those short-range-no-thermal-management 1st generation Nissan Leafs and BMW I3's out here in California. Sucks to be them! And I'm not jealous of any Tesla owner neither. I was out walking the other day and a 2012 Model S rounded the corner making a horrific cacphony of mechanical distress noise. Griiiiinnnndddd! Good luck getting that heap fixed there Hoss.
I love the Bolt EV and I wouldn't sell or trade for a model 3 either! You shouldn't either!

That's a lot of hate for one post...

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
I see a lot of those short-range-no-thermal-management 1st generation Nissan Leafs and BMW I3's out here in California. Sucks to be them!
There are a few places here in BC that make a business out of importing those cheap used Leafs (and some Sparks too) and selling them at a profit here where the prices are higher. The California HOV stickers on the bumper typically give them away. The prices are tempting, but I wouldn't go near one myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts