Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

2019 Touch screen remained in camera mode while driving forward

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  sly 
#1 ·
An odd situation that happened once, and never again since. Started my 2019 Bolt Premier (8k miles) as usual and immediately put in reverse to back out of my driveway. The touch screen correctly showed the rear view. When I shifted to D and then to L, the touch screen correctly showed the front facing view. Usually this turns off after a few seconds, but this time stayed on for about 5 minutes.

None of the controls had any effect, including holding the volume/power switch in for a few seconds. Then the screen suddenly showed BOLT EV in large letters, and then worked as usual showing my home screen with all controls working.

Anyone else experience this? Any cause for concern, or am I missing a software update?

Thanks in advance.

#5 ·
Let the system complete diagnostic checks, don’t put it in gear till it showed Ready on the DIC.

I usually start buckle up and it is ready.

You have to let it finish its boot sequence or you may get all kinds of wonkiness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: IchibanDad
#6 ·
Mine (loaded 2017) did it once years ago, and never since. Also, it was before a head unit firmware update, but that may have had nothing to do with it. I did the two button salute (while still driving) to reboot the head unit and it was normal again immediately thereafter. But yeah, it was weird seeing the top down going 45 mph.

#7 ·
This has happened to me several times, though not in at least 6 months. As @ARob wrote, I think the problem is starting, shifting into reverse and going before a complete bootup has happened. What often happens to me is that the guide lines don't initially display when I back up, but do after about 3 to 5 seconds, sometimes too late.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.