Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
700 Posts
Just getting started. No dealers willing to host nor give up a car from inventory. One dealer told my RC yes, then told me no.
Ya, at this point if are just starting, you pretty much need to be lucky and be at the right place at the right time and find a dealer willing to host the swap with one of their vehicles since the Nov tagging is done. Where are you located?

·
Registered
2020 Bolt Premier
161 Posts
There was.

1. Call the EV Concierge and request a rental car and reimbursement.
2. Call the EV Concierge and request a Buyback or Trade Repurchase

There is no other compensation other than the above remedies that I am aware of or has been posted on this board. I like many others never had the software update performed because we can adhere to the charging guidelines ourselves.

The time to do item #2 may have already elapsed. With a 2020 Bolt you are about 9 months late to be starting now. My replacement vehicle that I ordered at the end of December is being delivered today.
I like the car, so I am not interested in a buyback. I have set the SOC to 85% myself; if I am taking a long trip, and need the full 259 miles or so of range, I can temporarily re-set to 100%. I don't want the dealer to install a permanent 80% SOC, since I have no idea when the battery replacement will be available.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Ya, at this point if are just starting, you pretty much need to be lucky and be at the right place at the right time and find a dealer willing to host the swap with one of their vehicles since the Nov tagging is done. Where are you located?
Southern WI. And now it appears my RC has ghosted me. I might be done. I don’t think the latest pricing chaos helped the situation.

·
Registered
2023 EUV Premier Bright Blue
1,841 Posts
Southern WI. And now it appears my RC has ghosted me. I might be done. I don’t think the latest pricing chaos helped the situation.
If you can't get a swap done, how will you manage until you receive a new pack? How badly is the 80% limit affecting your ability to use your Bolt?

·
Registered
648 Posts
If you can't get a swap done, how will you manage until you receive a new pack? How badly is the 80% limit affecting your ability to use your Bolt?
I can manage (the Bolt isn’t our only car), but ice road-trips are getting increasingly expensive. A bigger concern is if this drags into fall and winter, which could make all trips an ice only prospect. I did finally hear from my RC, so that isn’t quite dead yet. I think the recent pricing chaos has made dealers even more reluctant to involve themselves in this process. It also seems like with production resuming and some of the lot-bound ‘22s getting batteries, customer recall battery swapping has slowed. The 2nd quarter NHTSA report should be interesting.

·
Registered
559 Posts
<SNIP>
It also seems like with production resuming and some of the lot-bound ‘22s getting batteries, customer recall battery swapping has slowed. The 2nd quarter NHTSA report should be interesting.
If the 2nd quarter report shows battery replacements have significantly slowed, GM is liable to find a lot of Bolt owners on the phone asking about swaps and such. There is only so much patience they can expect.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
If the 2nd quarter report shows battery replacements have significantly slowed, GM is liable to find a lot of Bolt owners on the phone asking about swaps and such. There is only so much patience they can expect.
I'm not sure the fallout would be so bad if the pace has slowed. Obviously it depends in part on how much.

My sense is that owners of 2017-2019 Bolts as a group, have been more anxious for replacements than owners of newer Bolts.

For one thing, in general, they have been driving Bolts at higher risk of going up in flames. For another thing, they have more to gain like getting a range boost. And GM may be getting pretty close to done on those 2017-2019 Bolts, by the end of Q2.

Those of us with 2020 and newer Bolts, might be more patient as a group. Note, I said "as a group". Some individuals are obviously livid by now, or may be soon. Those who opted for the 80% software are probably more anxious than those who didn't.

With no range boost to look forward to, and only a one year old Bolt, I'm almost better off the longer it takes to get a new pack, up to a point. I can offload more battery degradation, and stretch out the battery warranty.

Reactions: Pvillerob

·
Super Moderator
2020 Chevrolet Bolt
4,874 Posts
I'm not sure the Q2 report will separate replacements for customers vs replacements for dealers, so even a high rate of replacements won't necessarily tell us how quickly customers are being served.

·
Registered
564 Posts
We have a 2021 we purchased a tear ago March. I too have been in regular contact with a Chevy concierge. I too had our relationship "concluded for now". However, I'm confident I'm in the queue somewhere. The dealer I bought from is committed to making things right with their customers, and had been doing 3 to 4 battery swaps a week until a recent supply chain issue. I'm with Spiceybolt, the longer I wait the longer my new battery pack will last!

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
The replacement vehicle - is an ICE burner. At least that’s what they offered me. I don’t want to go back to ICE. I don’t need the range - except in winter when on long trips I run it down to 5% or less (guessing here). Everything shuts down and I limp the last 25 miles home.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have been sympathetic to GM during the battery/fire mess and I love my 2020 Bolt. But I find it increasingly frustrating that the company will not give any estimate for when battery replacements will be ready for the 2020 models. The "concierge" will not even say whether or not it's estimated to happen this calendar year.

Has anyone gotten any ETA on replacements for 2020 models?

Thanks.
I've been waiting for over a year now for my 2022 BOLT EUV replacement battery. I can't even find out if GM is even manufacturing the LG battery.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
1,996 Posts
I've been waiting for over a year now for my 2022 BOLT EUV replacement battery. I can't even find out if GM is even manufacturing the LG battery.
Well, you haven't quite been waiting a year. The recall for the EUV came out Aug 20, the day after I picked mine up. So we're at 10 months now. But I sure would like to know when mine will be replaced

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Every battery that goes into every Bolt, new off the line, and the replacements, are LG batteries. They are making batteries to fit your car, but the 2022's in owners hands will be last in line.

I don't expect a new battery for my 2021 until late this year, or early next year. Except when on this forum, I don't even think about it, and my wife thinks about it never. We just drive and enjoy the car.

Reactions: Toyotiac

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have been sympathetic to GM during the battery/fire mess and I love my 2020 Bolt. But I find it increasingly frustrating that the company will not give any estimate for when battery replacements will be ready for the 2020 models. The "concierge" will not even say whether or not it's estimated to happen this calendar year.

Has anyone gotten any ETA on replacements for 2020 models?

Thanks.
I have a 2020 also, and yeah c'mon GM let's go!

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I have a 2020 also, and yeah c'mon GM let's go!
One could also say shippers let's go, truckers let's go, dealers let's go, and EV techs let's go! And perhaps other factors let's go! Are all eligible owners getting their Bolts to the dealers in a timely fashion as soon as their packs have arrived to keep things moving along?

None of us really know what the bottlenecks could be. All these moving parts probably make it very difficult for anyone to pin down a replacement date.

When the Q2 numbers come out, we'll have a better idea where we are at. I have a 2021, and expect a pack late this year or early next year. Your 2020 will probably be a bit sooner.

·
Registered
11 Posts
One could also say shippers let's go, truckers let's go, dealers let's go, and EV techs let's go! And perhaps other factors let's go! Are all eligible owners getting their Bolts to the dealers in a timely fashion as soon as their packs have arrived to keep things moving along?

None of us really know what the bottlenecks could be. All these moving parts probably make it very difficult for anyone to pin down a replacement date.

When the Q2 numbers come out, we'll have a better idea where we are at. I have a 2021, and expect a pack late this year or early next year. Your 2020 will probably be a bit sooner.
How soon after the quarter ends will Q2 numbers be available? I hope that indeed gives us a better sense of when battery replacements will be available for our Bolts still needing them.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts