Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm not looking to turn it into a monster truck or anything. I am looking for an extra inch or two to fit some bigger winter tires. I have seen some posts around springs to lower it a bit, but has anyone raised it a bit?

Obviously raising it will reduce efficiency. No need to state the obvious.

·
Registered
35 Posts
what issue are you running into when installing winter tires? i assume you're going to want to be able to turn the wheel.. lifting it 1-2 inch up probably wont help clear the wheel well if you cant make them fit now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what issue are you running into when installing winter tires? i assume you're going to want to be able to turn the wheel.. lifting it 1-2 inch up probably wont help clear the wheel well if you cant make them fit now.
Poor wording on my part. I meant that during the winter, the winter tires combined with an extra couple of inches would be helpful. Michigan potholes and abundance of dirt roads aren’t ideal. Even during the warm months, a couple more inches would be nice.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Poor wording on my part. I meant that during the winter, the winter tires combined with an extra couple of inches would be helpful. Michigan potholes and abundance of dirt roads aren’t ideal. Even during the warm months, a couple more inches would be nice.
yea i think i understand you. the issue becomes if you put bigger tires, its not the height clearance you have to worry about though, its the sidewalls rubbing the tire, especially when you're turning.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i think i understand you. the issue becomes if you put bigger tires, its not the height clearance you have to worry about though, its the sidewalls rubbing the tire, especially when you're turning.
Sure, but I'm not talking about something massive. I'm thinking like a 205/70/15. That on a 15x6.5 wheel gives a lot of side wall for winter and dirt roads, while also giving an extra inch or so. My thought was an extra inch or two with bigger springs would balance it out and give a little more peace of mind when driving on less than ideal roads.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ordered wheel spacers to give myself a bit more clearance. Should be here in a week or two. Once they are on, I will measure again and see how big I can go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts