Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The auto climate control on 2020 Bolt does not maintain the temperature I select. I am trying to troubleshoot after local dealer and gm customer service said eveyting is working as expected. The PID 22801F reads -40F all the time. Seems like some temp sensor has failed. Not sure which one that is. Can anyone share their reading for 22801F?

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
The auto climate control on 2020 Bolt does not maintain the temperature I select. I am trying to troubleshoot after local dealer and gm customer service said eveyting is working as expected. The PID 22801F reads -40F all the time. Seems like some temp sensor has failed. Not sure which one that is. Can anyone share their reading for 22801F?
That PID does not exist on the original @Telek list, nor on his latest list. Not sure where you got it.

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
The name in the latest @Telek list for the PID 22801F is "*Air Temp - Filtered"
Wow! That is crazy. I did a search on the old and new PID lists using that number, and it couldn't find it. I just went back and searched *Air Temp - Filtered, and it found it instantly, and your number was correct!? That is definitely the dash reading PID for ambient air. That thermistor is in the center of the lower grille.

Door Gas Bumper Automotive exterior Grille

Do you get readings from 22801E, 2232C, and 220046? Those are all reading from the same thermistor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow! That is crazy. I did a search on the old and new PID lists using that number, and it couldn't find it. I just went back and searched *Air Temp - Filtered, and it found it instantly, and your number was correct!? That is definitely the dash reading PID for ambient air. That thermistor is in the center of the lower grille.

View attachment 34007

Do you get readings from 22801E, 2232C, and 220046? Those are all reading from the same thermistor.
I do get readings for 22801E-58.1F, 22232C-59F, 220046-59F. And my infotainment screen shows 59F. I did replace the lower grille thermistor yesterday thinking that might be the issue. That did not change 22801F (Air Temp - Filtered), which still reads -40F.

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
I do get readings for 22801E-58.1F, 22232C-59F, 220046-59F. And my infotainment screen shows 59F. I did replace the lower grille thermistor yesterday thinking that might be the issue. That did not change 22801F (Air Temp - Filtered), which still reads -40F.
You clearly know what you are doing. The fact that the others are giving readings from that thermistor, but the dash doesn't seem to know it, may indicate a module hardware, or software, problem. There are pages of diagnosis and calibration in the service manual.

Font Motor vehicle Auto part Engineering Parallel

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you very much for the help. Now that I have at least established something is wrong with the HVAC auto control, I’ll go back to the dealer with the additional information (PID 22801F). If they don’t care for it, I’ll will try further troubleshooting myself. Thanks again.

·
Registered
(aka Telek) 2017 LT
815 Posts
Some cheaper adapters cause cross-conflicts between PIDs. I don't know why. Torque gets confused and breaks some things. You can try turning off the faster communications thing to see if that helps.

If you have Torque, go into the PID editor and use test on the PID. That one hammers only the one PID and shows you the raw data. See if the PID itself is actually dead, or if it's just Torque's interpretation of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.