Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 21 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am Andrew. I had to take advantage of the deals going on with Chevy right now. Decide to buy a 2020 Bolt LT tonreplace my TDi wagon. I love it so far and it's kind of fun trying to find free charging wherever I go. My wife will mainly use this for her commute to Burbank everyday (109 mile round trip 5 days a week!!). I'm excited to see the savings roll in. View attachment 28432

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks like the Honda dealer in Lancaster.

Paul
Yeah, saw them and Palmdale honda have free fast charging. So far I've found Antelope Community College and downtown lancaster to have free level 2. Any other ones you know about around here?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hello,

I am Andrew. I had to take advantage of the deals going on with Chevy right now. Decide to buy a 2020 Bolt LT tonreplace my TDi wagon. I love it so far and it's kind of fun trying to find free charging wherever I go. My wife will mainly use this for her commute to Burbank everyday (109 mile round trip 5 days a week!!). I'm excited to see the savings roll in. View attachment 28432
Welcome. I find the Plugshare website and app very useful for free charging locations. I was at a BMW dealer today for the 1st time using their charger. Our Bolts look alike but my windows are tinted. And I have dead lovebugs in front.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welcome. I find the Plugshare website and app very useful for free charging locations. I was at a BMW dealer today for the 1st time using their charger. Our Bolts look alike but my windows are tinted. And I have dead lovebugs in front.
Nice, Yeah I plan on tinting my windows soon as well. The windows are so large that it feels like everyone can see what your doing at all times. First though, I am going to try and get a level 2 installed at my house. Vivint is doing my solar soon and they will install a Chargepoint Home station (still waiting on the specs) and run a 240 line about 100 ft from my breaker box to my garage. The Quoted me $1595 for install of everything to charge on level 2, and so did a independent electrical company here in Lancaster as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah it includes everything. It would be cheaper if my circuit panel was closer to the garage but it's on the back of my house and over 100ft of 8 gauge wire and the 699 chargepoint 50 amp charger.

1 - 21 of 30 Posts