Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
That is a good price for LT model.
Thanks.I had that price from a dealer in Md. that I was ready to trade with for a 3rd time. But I decided to check locally once more and found a dealer 150 miles away that met that price and included the Comfort & Convenience Pkgs and BOTH Driver & Confidence Pkgs and tinted the windows too. The Md. deal included none of them. So I am very happy 2 weeks in. Plus it wasn't white!!!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Nice, Yeah I plan on tinting my windows soon as well. The windows are so large that it feels like everyone can see what your doing at all times. First though, I am going to try and get a level 2 installed at my house. Vivint is doing my solar soon and they will install a Chargepoint Home station (still waiting on the specs) and run a 240 line about 100 ft from my breaker box to my garage. The Quoted me $1595 for install of everything to charge on level 2, and so did a independent electrical company here in Lancaster as well.
Funny you mentioned the greenhouse effect of the Bolt. I came from the other extreme, a Gen. 6 Camaro that had the same limited visibility and huge blind spots as a Civil War submarine!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Yeah it includes everything. It would be cheaper if my circuit panel was closer to the garage but it's on the back of my house and over 100ft of 8 gauge wire and the 699 chargepoint 50 amp charger.
50 amp charger? You would need something better than #8 wire. Did you mean 32A?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I've been reading that its smart to purchase a charger that can handle 40+ amps for future proofing your home charging. I know the bolt only takes 32 amp level two though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Do I need a #6 wire? I think I was looking at a 40 amp charger before and that's why I thought of #8.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
#6 is for 50A. For continuous load, you should only use 80%, so 40A. #8 wire may burn up, esp when it's a long run at 100 ft.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
#6 is for 50A. For continuous load, you should only use 80%, so 40A. #8 wire may burn up, esp when it's a long run at 100 ft.
Good to know, vivint wants to use a Chargepoint charger ( idk if its the flex yet) but is that a good one to choose? I am having another electrician come look at my setup Monday to get a third quote.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Personally, I would just have a NEMA 14-50 receptacle installed (with 50A breaker and #6 wire) and then buy a portable EVSE that you can take on the road as needed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I believe that is what they installing. I know I don't want a hard wired charger so I can take it to my next house.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts