Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 5,000 miles on my new bolt and this morning it kept prompting me about reduced propulsion power. Acceleration was limited to 110kw, regen to 60kw. This was the first "cold" night since I had it but it still never got below 40f.

Is this still enough for the car to limit power?

I did not have the car plugged into the charger and my GOM is still showing a 50% charge.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
I've driven my 2017 Bolt in temperatures below freezing, the only time I've ever seen "Reduced Propulsion Power" is when I've run the battery down below the 10% charge level or so.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it seems something else is going on. I charged it for a bit at work with the 120v and turned it on for preconditioning, drove it a bit after and had the same problem. Chevy can only pencil me in for Friday, my plan is to try to limp home then check out the codes with my OBDII reader.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I fully charged it overnight and it is no longer giving me the message, it seemed to come up more often during heavy regen, which obviously I can't test after a full charge.

I have an adapter on the way so I can check this out with torque pro.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright, no codes at all. It seems that once the battery gets down to 55% it starts giving me the message.

Battery is sitting around 60-66 f degrees. All cell voltages are within .01v of each other.

Taking it to the dealer today, will report back.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dealer took 3 hours to troubleshoot with gm and have no clue what is going on, going to have to take it back for them to troubleshoot more. SMH

1 - 7 of 7 Posts