please Post (or PM me) what you wind up with. I’m relocating back to the US from the UK in Jan/Feb and planning to buy a 2020 Bolt when I get there.
I wish I could wait, as there are a few styling things I really hope they change for 2021 as well, but as I’m coming back to the US with no car early next year, I’m gonna have to buy something. If there was a preview for the 2021 model, I might consider buying something used to bridge me to then, but I’m not gonna do that without more confidence that those changes are really gonna make me happy.I would wait and drive both.
Another thing to consider is that the 2021 is coming with a refresh, new interior, new seat (supposedly) and the higher range. Buying a 2020 would be a tough sell.
I would either get a 2019 heavily discounted or wait until the end of 2020 and buy a heavily discounted 2020 or a refreshed 2021.
But that’s not the next-gen Bolt, right? The EUV is a new crossover car that will sit alongside the Bolt. I don’t believe the Bolt refresh has had as many spy pics (and more importantly, it‘s the interior changes I’m most interested in).There are lots of spy pics on the 2021 -
The 2021 Chevrolet Bolt EUV Will Be GM's Next Electric CarThe new EV is a crossover based on the same platform as the Bolt EV.www.caranddriver.com
That might be the best option for you. My fear is I’ll be unimpressed by the refresh and then wish I’d just bought a 2020, instead of getting less car for a year only to then pay more total for a new one (plus the intermediate hassle of selling). The more I plan around 2021 being the car I really want, the greater the chance I’ll be disappointed by it.Then, unless you can get a super deal on a 2019, the next best thing would be to buy a used 2017 and then sell it when you are ready to upgrade.