Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
My guess is GM will not install old stock for the same reason they issued a stop sale; to not perpetuate suspect battery packs into owners hands.

I'd further guess that a loaner vehicle would be provided for the duration required to get a new battery installed.

If that wasn't acceptable, your only option might be to pursue lemon law buyback.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
The advisor said he tried calling local Enterprise rentals and said they did not have any GM vehicles available. Apparently it has to be a GM for the rental. I'm guessing I won't get my car back for at least another month, and maybe even into November.

·
Registered
165 Posts
They should probably go disable the HV battery and remove it ahead of time. Push the car around on dollies or whatever it takes after that if it won't go into neutral. I wonder what agreement GM will have to make to even get the cores shipped back for recycling?

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Wow, not good. Hopefully the car does self immolate prior to a battery being available.
This is a very good example of "normal" Li-Ion cell failure that results in loss of capacity, which has nothing to do with the fire risk issue. This should make it clear that any software detecting unusual voltage will only detect this kind of expected failure and will not be able to detect fire risk.

·
Registered
2021Bolt
165 Posts
The advisor said he tried calling local Enterprise rentals and said they did not have any GM vehicles available. Apparently it has to be a GM for the rental. I'm guessing I won't get my car back for at least another month, and maybe even into November.
Hope they have given you a rental car by now. Can’t imagine how they take your car and not give a rental

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
No rental.. I doubt they are even trying to be honest. I'd think otherwise if they gave me updates saying they attempted, but I'm getting totally ghosted.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT - Kinetic Blue
162 Posts
This is a very good example of "normal" Li-Ion cell failure that results in loss of capacity, which has nothing to do with the fire risk issue. This should make it clear that any software detecting unusual voltage will only detect this kind of expected failure and will not be able to detect fire risk.
Couldn't there be voltage variation beyond what the BMS could handle, resulting in overcharging other cells? Or self-discharging cells within the group of 3 parallel pouches if it is a failure of one or two within? Does anyone know what kind of protections are built into the pack? Just throwing out some thoughts, I may be totally wrong.

·
Registered
277 Posts
The same for me today. We will call you an Uber and don't expect to here from us before Thursday. Called my buy back rep and crickets as usual.

·
Registered
854 Posts
No rental..
Have you called the GM EV concierge line?
Although, as crazy busy as they are with the recall and the general lack of rentals available, I'm not sure that would help...

I do wonder where "you getting a new module" will line up with them producing new batteries...
I would hope that these type of repairs, as they are few and generally are just replacing one module, would get priority on the new modules being produced...

Good luck!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
I haven't called the Bolt concierge line yet, but I might have to do that. I heard you just end up getting queued with corporate too.

Dealer hasn't called me since the last update. My November prediction might end up being true. Still no loaner either. One of the sales reps even told me they have new Bolts held back on the stop sale. Would be nice if I could use one of them.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I haven't called the Bolt concierge line yet, but I might have to do that. I heard you just end up getting queued with corporate too.

Dealer hasn't called me since the last update. My November prediction might end up being true. Still no loaner either. One of the sales reps even told me they have new Bolts held back on the stop sale. Would be nice if I could use one of them.
Well, I know for a fact that batteries ARE shipping to dealers, so if the dealer is making any effort, they can probably get one. But...effort...

·
Registered
2021Bolt
165 Posts

????
It’s been like over 20 days.
you must have extra cars or cash.

others have called thier AG to get a car. In addition to calling the ev team rep

81 - 96 of 96 Posts