Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to several press releases, the 2020 model will be getting a “HD Surround Vision Camera and HD Rear Vision Camera”

Does anyone know if these components can be retrofitted in 2019 models? Maybe the camera(s) and an upgraded video processing unit?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HD cams would probably not make much of a difference on the small 10" display... but it might be worth trying.
The rear and 360 resolution on the 2019 Premier is absolutely atrocious. I suspect it has something to do with the video processing because even the reverse guidelines are blurry and pixelated. It’s a minor annoyance of course but it could be a fun retrofit project.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2019 Bolt replaced a 2018 GMC Terrain (first year of redesign), and it had an HD rear vision camera and it is so much better than on my Bolt. Mind you I had a base Terrain and it only had a 7" screen. It is one of the few things that I noticed, that and I miss my USC-C connector as well, wich I'm curious if you can retrofit or adapt if you get the part from another GM car. I would love to know, if it's just the camera and just that I would do the swap in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
323 Posts
HD cams would probably not make much of a difference on the small 10" display... but it might be worth trying.
It probably would. The LCD on my '13 Leaf SV w/premium is smaller but its Around View Monitor picture quality is much better than the horrible picture quality of Surround Vision on my '19 Bolt.

I do wish GM would also add the right side curb view which you can switch to on Nissans to easily tell how far you are from the curb. I've test driven some newer Toyotas that also have left and right side curb view + the ability to zoom in on those views.

·
Registered
323 Posts
It probably would. The LCD on my '13 Leaf SV w/premium is smaller but its Around View Monitor picture quality is much better than the horrible picture quality of Surround Vision on my '19 Bolt.

I do wish GM would also add the right side curb view which you can switch to on Nissans to easily tell how far you are from the curb. I've test driven some newer Toyotas that also have left and right side curb view + the ability to zoom in on those views.
In a private Bolt group at Chevy Bolt EV Owners Group, one guy posted pics of the new HD Surround Vision System. It finally offers left and right side curb views besides presumably much better picture quality. The guy made a reference to "we first got this view on Blazer".

It does look similar to what I see at
at the 8:48 mark.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts