Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, just signed the lease contract for our 2020 export Chevy Bolt, aka the Opel Ampera-e, for delivery on Oct 30th. Can't tell you how excited we are to make the switch to this EV!

Before this I used to drive a '95 Lincoln Town Car in the Phoenix AZ area, so this is going to be quite the opposite experience I suppose. I'll post a driving impression soon.

So what are your opinions about the front design GM chose for the EU version? It seems more conservative with the faux grille imo. We will get her in a quantum grey metallic outfit though.

Regards from The Netherlands, Ray

·
Registered
614 Posts
Welcome! I look forward to hearing about your experience.

BTW, I would love to switch out the front grill on my Bolt for that Ampera-e version...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The wait is the worst part. Welcome to the forum. There's quite a few pilots on the forum to boot.
Thanks, that's interesting! Must admit the Bolt did indeed pull a particular string when we test drove it. Unfortunately some of us including me recently had to revert to a plan B job due to the corona situation..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome! I look forward to hearing about your experience.

BTW, I would love to switch out the front grill on my Bolt for that Ampera-e version...
Sure thing! Could include your camera backup mirror in the package too? We don't have that option over here;)

·
Registered
6,214 Posts
Wait! What? GM sold Opel to Peugeot in 2017 for 2.3 billion. The deal said GM would stop supplying the Ampera-e in 2020. In 2018 Peugeot said the Ampera-e would be replaced by their own Peugeot Corsa-e for 2020.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The deal said GM would stop supplying the Ampera-e in 2020.
True, Ampera-e sales are running out with to PSA not adopting GM's platform. However as I understand the Bolt/Ampera-e wasn't quite a success over here with a 1y+ waiting list from 2017 and 18, and new cars available with a discount this year.
I did have a look at the Corsa but it lacks quite some range and to me it just felt like another small European hatchback. Matter of taste ofc.

·
Registered
6,214 Posts
True, Ampera-e sales are running out with to PSA not adopting GM's platform. However as I understand the Bolt/Ampera-e wasn't quite a success over here with a 1y+ waiting list from 2017 and 18, and new cars available with a discount this year.
I did have a look at the Corsa but it lacks quite some range and to me it just felt like another small European hatchback. Matter of taste ofc.
Fascinating. So folks in Europe had a one year plus wait for the Ampera-e. Are you saying the Ampera-e is now discounted? Or competing cars are discounted?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Ampera-e finally here! I already drove the first 500mi this week and it is such a step up from the BMW 118i I traded in! It's like finally entering the 21st century. I love the suspension and instant torque/power.😁

The next thing I want to find out is if it's possible to flash the software to make it think it's a Chevy, and connect the MyChevrolet app with it. There is no remote connectivity due to the IMG_3539.jpeg IMG_3602.png IMG_3603.jpg IMG_3609.jpg IMG_3546.jpeg takeover of Opel by the French..🍷

1 - 16 of 16 Posts