Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This week I had to take a test to get a mandatory certification for work. I passed the test in the morning and to celebrate, I bought myself a 2021 Bolt!

Not really. I passed the test and finished work at a reasonable time so decided to head up to the dealership and take a gander at the Cayenne Premier they had. Well, I got there and the Cayenne had been sold but sitting right there in the front was a beautiful Oasis Blue LT. Almost the same color I dye my hair. It called to me. I looked at it, drove it, dithered, negotiated, and in the end, drove home one of the best cars I've ever driven. I wanted the Premier for the extra Driver Convenience packages and since that was already on the beauty there on the lot, I was sold.

This is not my first foray into the world of electric. Back in 2005 I bought a Toyota Prius and after 200k+ miles and a replaced battery, it's still going strong. I plan on keeping it another 10 years so I can get antique plates. I have a 2013 electric Smart - I swear it is the only electric Smart in my county. Love both those cars.

So, when I started thinking about getting a new car, I very much wanted electric but needed considerably more range than the Smart (80 on a really good day, usually around 50 or 60). I'm so very happy with the Bolt!

Next step is installing a 240 charger.

·
Registered
265 Posts
This week I had to take a test to get a mandatory certification for work. I passed the test in the morning and to celebrate, I bought myself a 2021 Bolt!

Not really. I passed the test and finished work at a reasonable time so decided to head up to the dealership and take a gander at the Cayenne Premier they had. Well, I got there and the Cayenne had been sold but sitting right there in the front was a beautiful Oasis Blue LT. Almost the same color I dye my hair. It called to me. I looked at it, drove it, dithered, negotiated, and in the end, drove home one of the best cars I've ever driven. I wanted the Premier for the extra Driver Convenience packages and since that was already on the beauty there on the lot, I was sold.

This is not my first foray into the world of electric. Back in 2005 I bought a Toyota Prius and after 200k+ miles and a replaced battery, it's still going strong. I plan on keeping it another 10 years so I can get antique plates. I have a 2013 electric Smart - I swear it is the only electric Smart in my county. Love both those cars.

So, when I started thinking about getting a new car, I very much wanted electric but needed considerably more range than the Smart (80 on a really good day, usually around 50 or 60). I'm so very happy with the Bolt!

Next step is installing a 240 charger.

View attachment 34304
Heather I almost bought one this color, but totally loved the Slate Gray Metallic. My first EV ever.... and I can't tell you how awesome it is and how much I am enjoying driving it.
Everyday I have conversations with sometimes complete strangers asking all kinds of questions... only one guy was negative, the rest are all wanting one!!
thanks for sharing!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, these cars will definitely get attention. I've had lots of people ask me about my Smart. My son worked as a census enumerator last year. Lots of people were very suspicious of him driving up to their houses. When he took the Smart car, that car completely lightened the mood.

This car is so much more bad a$$. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts