Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to use a custom wallpaper for the carplay/samsung equivalent? Like instead of the painstroke options that come as default? Its not a huge deal but they’re kind of an eyesore and I’d prefer something more personalized.

·
Registered
27 Posts
For Android Auto, which I'm assuming you meant when you said "Samsung equivalent", there are no options at this time. They aren't any options for Chevy's infotainment system either. And since Apple is such a dictatorsh... I mean, walled garden, I'd imagine they don't allow for changes in what they say you should like or want.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For Android Auto, which I'm assuming you meant when you said "Samsung equivalent", there are no options at this time. They aren't any options for Chevy's infotainment system either. And since Apple is such a dictatorsh... I mean, walled garden, I'd imagine they don't allow for changes in what they say you should like or want.
That’s too bad. What about through unofficial apps? I heard Android Auto can even play videos with certain apps.

That’s why I’m switching from Apple. lol I just went through a really painful process where I lost track of my password and couldn’t change it because I don’t have a recovery key. Noone at Apple could reset it for me either. I got locked out of using my Apple card and making payments on it. So yeah back to Samsung.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Chevrolet Bolt
5,129 Posts
Pretty sure Android Auto has some support for wallpapers:

There used to be a way to install custom wallpapers in Android Auto using the Substratum theme engine, but Substratum hasn't been maintained for years and I don't know if it works on Android 10+:

Obviously, anything custom, not maintained, or that might require root is at your own risk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts