Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
526 Posts
Hey! It's been about two months since I got my Bolt and six months of EV ownership all together. I wanted to make a little update about my time with my 2022 Bolt EV! Thank you to everybody who gave me advice when I was looking to get one and after I did! I thought I'd let you guys know that everything is going great! And I've learned so much!

I've taken it on road trips already! Even with the reduced range I'm having no troubles at all! I am charging more often, and primarily at electrify America stations for the time being. Even so, the slower charge rate hasn't really bothered me much either! I'll just shop around while I wait or talk to other EV owners! My charging situation is a little bit unique, I'm staying with my parents until my life gets settled after my ex uprooted my life! ( Man the big trunk space was helpful for moving ) My parents have been extremely kind to let me charge at an outlet here. I'm using the charger that came with the car, but my parents outlet takes about 3 to 4 days to fully charge the car..so with my long commute to work I primarily charge at electrify America maybe once every three days, and leave the car on charge when I'm at home. I'd love to speak more about my experience not having a (reliable) home charger with an ev if anybody's interested. when I move out of my parents house I will be going to an apartment that also does not have a charging station! I see a lot of people ask about if ev ownership is possible in a situation like that, it totally is. ( Atleast imo )

It's been a blast to own and drive all-around! I have plans to get the roof wrapped black, get the windows tinted so I'm not driving in a fishbowl, and do the dimmer diode thing for the break lights. I haven't seen anybody do this on the EV model though, anybody know what it looks like? Messing around with my car and talking to other EV owners has been a really great distraction for me and has cheered me up so much!

There are so many great things that I love about this car, even the fact that it takes a little bit longer to charge has been a positive for me! I get the opportunity to meet a bunch of other EV owners, see cool evs, and help people out sometimes too! The only negative that I can think of is how the tires will spin out so easily, it prevents me from absolutely launching off at green lights though so maybe it is a positive in the end lol.

In general I am extremely lucky and thankful to have gotten "Baby" in such a great condition ( basically brand new ) at the price point, and time that I did. I absolutely love it! And can't wait to see how things will be in another few months !

View attachment 49796
View attachment 49795 View attachment 49798 View attachment 49800
As PDX mentioned, charging with 12A might be possible and would be faster. Here's the math. It would reduce your 30% to 90% charge time by 12.6hrs. If you were depleting the battery down to 10% (not recommended on a regular basis), it would reduce your 10%-90% charge time by 20.1hrs.

8A:
Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Pattern

12A:
Font Material property Rectangle Parallel Pattern

· Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
526 Posts
@ARCowboy @PDX Bolt the 12 amps works great! Now I don't have to charge up in public so much anymore! Thank you guys so much for taking the time to explain it to me!
Awesome, glad to hear. Happy to help when you pay with the dog pictures in advance ! haha

1 - 2 of 2 Posts