Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Photographs can be deceiving because of the foreshortening effect, which exaggerates the size of near vs far. Need to see in person to really judge the aesthetics.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Previous Bolt look like a smiling pikachu while the 2022 model look like an angry one. So if you want to arrive faster at your destination by showing an angry face saying move i'm in a hurry to the driver in front of you just get the newer model. If you're more kumbaya the previous models will do.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
They're OK to me. They definitely scream more "future!" than the current iteration. Actually reminds me of Robocop.

·
Registered
2020 Bolt LT
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
having the daytime running lamp on the hood is not cool, and the actual headlamp below it just seems odd.
Fort the same reason I would not consider the new silverado line, but the GMCs are great looking.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I didn't like the front end when I saw it and I labeled it "too Priusy". But I've since warmed up to it quite a bit. It's a least a bit more futuristic and makes the Bolt look a little less like a micro minivan.

I always liked this earlier rendering as I think it looks sportier (if you just remove the big SMILE from the front)...

Mike

·
Registered
53 Posts
Actually reminds me of Robocop.
Spot on. Police near Montreal is actually testing the Bolt as a police car (among other EVs)

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Bolt
29 Posts
I didn't like the front end when I saw it and I labeled it "too Priusy". But I've since warmed up to it quite a bit. It's a least a bit more futuristic and makes the Bolt look a little less like a micro minivan.

I always liked this earlier rendering as I think it looks sportier (if you just remove the big SMILE from the front)...

Mike
The original concept looked great, aside from the smile of course.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Trying to love the 2022 model line of Bolts... its not working.

View attachment 34615
In full agreement with Charlie. I absolutely hate those stupid fake brake cooling scoops (triangular-looking crap below the headlights).

They look ok on the cars that are actually functional like a Porsche, but 100% stupid on cars like a Honda Civic or the ‘22 Bolts.

I have never liked useless fake hood scoops. Or fake exhaust ports trying to make it look like the short exhaust stacks on a P51 Mustang (Buick Roadmaster), or round tail lights trying to make a Ford Thunderbird look like the business end of a couple of turbojet engines.

If it has a purpose it is fine. Otherwise I leave the fake do-dads to the “JC Witney school of design”.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Trying to love the 2022 model line of Bolts... its not working.
Will the general public hate it? Or even label it as Ugly?
View attachment 34615
My initial impression from pictures was also not positive, after seeing some YouTube videos of the 2022 I felt not that bad. Final judgment held till seeing one in person. Some very controversial front ends out there e.g. BMW 4 series oversized grills and I never been a fan of the big open maw on many Lexus. guess they sell well so to each his own.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
In full agreement with Charlie. I absolutely hate those stupid fake brake cooling scoops (triangular-looking crap below the headlights).
Not a fan of the fake shark gills myself. But on the 2022 Bolt those are actually the headlights.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts