Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
I didn't like the front end when I saw it and I labeled it "too Priusy". But I've since warmed up to it quite a bit. It's a least a bit more futuristic and makes the Bolt look a little less like a micro minivan.

I always liked this earlier rendering as I think it looks sportier (if you just remove the big SMILE from the front)...

Mike
I had seen the concept at the auto show. I hated it. I ended up buying my Bolt in early 2018 and totally forgot about how much I hated the concept until I happened to see this picture sometime last year. It was weird.

I didn't buy my Bolt because I thought it was a nice looking car. I bought it because the tech was unrivaled at the pricepoint at the time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had seen the concept at the auto show. I hated it. I ended up buying my Bolt in early 2018 and totally forgot about how much I hated the concept until I happened to see this picture sometime last year. It was weird.

I didn't buy my Bolt because I thought it was a nice looking car. I bought it because the tech was unrivaled at the pricepoint at the time.
Exactly. The thing ain't a Porsche.

·
Registered
2020 Bolt Premier
26 Posts
The interior of the 2022 is the only thing about the new one that makes me even remotely envious. The 2020 I bought was easily approved once I showed the wife what they will look like in 2022. She said it was ugly. I thought it was fine. I like them both, but since the tech (battery & motor) stayed the same I got in on the major incentives available now.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
36 Posts
Bolt Ugly?... “bugly”? Lol. I think the 2022’s look pretty sweet! Kinda like a baby Blazer. This coming from a guy who adored the Pontiac Azteks, Scion XB and Smart Cars... owned them all!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I agree looks are subjective. But the way I see things is manufacturers are trying to figure out what to do with the front end. We have had a 100 years of massive intakes for the radiator, and that is the standard for manufacturers and customers alike.

Now we are faced with how to style the front end of a car that doesn't need a massive intake. I choked a little when I saw the Model 3's front end, but I am used to it now and think it is fine.

I may be a too old for some of the recent styles that have come out, but I think it will take a little time for the car companies to land on a design for ev's that people like and accept.

·
Registered
2020 Bolt LT
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
YOu are right. too old for that S... I/we get used to what is the norm and when things change some may not go with the flow. - including myself. The 2020 BOLT to me looks good. but the 2022s are UGLY!!! Inclkuding the Chevy silverados. What were they thinking?

·
Registered
20 Bolt LT
101 Posts
I hate the new front end. It looks too much like it's trying to look like an electric car. I'm also not a fan of the Buick style dashboard. Actually, on both fronts, it's as if they are mimicking a Model 3...front end and straight wide dash. Happy with my 2020.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I kind of like it. Especially now that I've "seen" it in black. That new ghost gray is also nice.
I still think I would go for the 2020-2021 model, but in Canada it's actually still more expensive to buy (even if less equipped, and obviously "older").

·
Registered
2020 Bolt LT
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Agree , the black hides the ugliness a little better. With black you can't see the lines as good. same concept as when the ladies choose to wear black vs something else. They have it figured out.:)
with the gray it shows it ugly head again. :)
its the fake radiator grill guard and the location of the head lamps.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I like the 2022 🤷🏼‍♂️

I do remember not looking the front end of the model 3 when it came out and now I’m used to it…

·
Registered
723 Posts
There is no doubt about it….the front ends of the 2022 models are INCREDIBLY UGLY.

Reactions: Bolt From The Blue

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am hoping that the Bolt EUV addressed a problem in the Bolt EV. There is an important problem of glare due to the slow rise of the windshield in the Bolt EV. So much so that they should have included a pair of polarized sunglasses as standard safety equipment. The Bolt EUV no longer has side windows underneath the windshield as the windscreen rises too quickly. It makes the front end look different. I hope it resolves the glare issue.

·
Registered
723 Posts
The Bolt EUV no longer has side windows underneath the windshield as the windscreen rises too quickly. It makes the front end look different. I hope it resolves the glare issue.
Never had a glare issue but I never noticed that it does not have the small windows anymore. Not sure if I like that or not.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts