Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Don't like front end look of any Bolt ... make an EV look like a gas chamber by putting on a pseudo-iinlet grille ... GM's good at dumb-stuff ... 4 - 6- 8 Cad , Geo and Saturn DOA brands that will put Japan in the breadline but were stillborn .Expect an aftermarket front end treatment that will improve both appearance and air drag numbers ... Musk likes his product to look like efficient EV units and they seem to be selling ... no ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Trying to love the 2022 model line of Bolts... its not working.
Will the general public hate it? Or even label it as Ugly?
View attachment 34615
Design of EUV is decent when compared to competition I respect it. Disappointed they didn’t improve the EV model. There are better looking competitors.
Other than design, I’ll hold my opinions on the EUV until I see road comparison testing done vs competition.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
3 Posts
I'm kind of surprised no one has mentioned the 'aluminum foil wrapped' front grille.
It looks like they left the transport plastic in place.

It's just .... ick.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Agreed, the front end has a strange cardboard look to me. The Tesla Y has the same look, just not a fan, but taste is 100% subjective, to each his own.

The front facia is something Chevy can change quickly, mid-cycle, if they find people don't like it. But I'm one who thinks EVs should look as "normal" as possible if mass adoption is going to take place, so to me the new front end might be a little weird looking for the avg car shopper.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I didn't like the look of the Bolt. Still don't. Wife said it was cute. I'm an engineer so I'm more a function over form kind of guy so the wife thinking it's cute is good enough for me.

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Bolt
26 Posts
I didn't like the look of the Bolt. Still don't. Wife said it was cute. I'm an engineer so I'm more a function over form kind of guy so the wife thinking it's cute is good enough for me.
The Bolt has grown on me. I rejected it in 2018 (in favor of a Volt), but then embraced it with loving arms in 2021 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
351 Posts
having the daytime running lamp on the hood is not cool, and the actual headlamp below it just seems odd.
Fort the same reason I would not consider the new silverado line, but the GMCs are great looking.
It is one of those beliefs EV have to be different than ICE cars and unfortunately people who make green light for design are complete morons ( or they want to swear you out from EV because they have agenda that ICE are more popular) ....
But I care less for how they look.....if Powertrain show good that is more important than look.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't consider it unpleasant to look at (at least in pictures). Neither the 2022 model or previous models. One I could never get to like was the original Leaf.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts