Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, the Bolt EUV, like the regular Bolt EV, will launch in 2022 as a front-wheel-drive only vehicle. Actual noticeable changes will be a revised interior design and some exterior aesthetics, along with:
  • "On the outside, the most distinctive design change is a new front fascia flowing up to slimmer headlights."
  • "Most importantly, the Bolt EV’s much-maligned front seats are being replaced with a design that’s clearly longer and wider (and perhaps lower) than the current seats. There’s a sportier steering-wheel design, and the instrument-panel design has also been given a more cleaned-up look—especially in the infotainment and climate-control zone—with the traditional shift lever gone, replaced by buttons."
  • "the upper dash and door materials have a stitched look and are now soft-touch, and that alone makes a huge difference for first impressions."
  • "The Bolt will also been equipped with a new camera and sensor array—a possible hint toward future self-driving vehicle efforts—and the EUV version will be the first non-Cadillac vehicle in GM’s lineup to offer Super Cruise, a feature that steers and has lane awareness on major Interstates—and soon, GM says, on “trunk roads” that are divided but with occasional junctions"
  • Hopefully range too.. "Otherwise the existing powertrain and 66-kwh battery pack carry over from the 2020 Chevrolet Bolt EV to revamped 2021 Chevy Bolt EV and the EUV. GM officials have long hinted that the Bolt EV might be capable of more than its current 50-kw (officially, or 55-kw unofficially) peak fast-charging rate. With more 150-kw fast-charge connectors now, that could be one other upgrade to keep an eye out for."
I was expecting more surprising updates but who knows, maybe Chevrolet will have some surprises for us that goes beyond this report!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts

·
Registered
4,443 Posts
Since this vehicle uses the same battery and drive train as the Bolt, unless they make the body radically more aero like the Model Y, it will perform worse in every regard to the Bolt, while being more expensive. You would really have to need the extra space.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Bigger is good if you're trying to hoard toilet paper from Costco! ;)
We shopped at Costco a couple of days ago and some shoppers had five giant packages of toilet paper in their carts, others had five cases of bottled water.

Very weird, especially the bottled water. Is the Coronavirus now spreading through the municipal water supply? Does drinking a case of bottled water a day ward off infection?

·
Registered
577 Posts
So... what is this about faster charging? Now I'm anxious to hear the official word from GM.

Overall, I think I will pass on the Bolt EUV. The ID.4 has enough advantages that it would be worth waiting for instead (>66kWh battery, 125kW charging, AWD).

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Hopefully the new Bolt based EUV will be priced significantly below the Model Y which has a larger battery (75kWh), 315 mile range, AWD option and of course the impressive Supercharger network where the V3 Super chargers will give the Model Y 75 miles of range in just 5 min. If it's only a couple thousand below the Model Y, it may just prompt people t go for the more capable and more luxurious Tesla vehicle.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I hope the Bolt EUV isn't a total disaster, I'll take a partial one but I'll be disappointed if they totally fudge it. They have an opportunity to fix some of their shortcomings. I would like to see more improvements than what they did with the 2020. The game changing increase in range and the super aerodynamic radar absorbing rear door handles was 'slightly' less of an update than what I was expecting. But that's me.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I'm interested in the EUV but it will need to have at least the 238 mile range of my current Bolt for me to consider it. Price will also be a factor.

·
Registered
612 Posts
My big question is does it have enough cargo space to replace what I own today, an elderly Subaru Outback and a Ford Focus Wagon (nearly identical size). Both have a flat floor clear to the back of the front seats with the rear seats folded.

If GM didn't get this right - the flat floor and similar cargo volume - then the EUV is useless for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts