1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Bolt LT - Gunmetal Gray
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Article 1: caranddriver.com
Article 2: theverge.com

I wish my LT had some sort of driver-assistance option. If I knew I could have gotten it, or gotten Open.AI with a premier Bolt, I would have waited for one. Anyone else on the forum excited for SuperCruise self driving? Anyone gonna trade-in their Bolt for a new one in 2022?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Yes, I think we actually learned of this back in March of last year. Although it was speculated on earlier, I believe that is when GM confirmed it. News organizations now seem to be reporting on it because the 2021 CES coverage is hitting a much bigger audience. Anyway, to your point, I think it is fantastic that it starting to come "down market" and I also find the business model intriguing. Being subscription based, as long as the vehicle has the hardware you would be able to subscribe on an "as needed" basis like just for long road trips, etc...

If this is exciting for you as implied in your post, you might not have to wait for 2022 as that is the MY, GM actually expects to fully reveal the new Bolt and Bolt EUV next month and start production this summer. It was delayed from last year introduction ...

All that I have read about Super Cruise sounds great, I have yet to test it out on a vehicle...

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
We specifically looked for an LT without the Driver Confidence packages, back in early 2017. Most came with I and II. We had to drive half way across the state to get one without.
Ouch! I had DC I on the my 2017 Bolt and specifically looked for DC I and DC II when I leased the 2020 ;-)

·
Registered
Premier, Yo, with every goodie!
1,614 Posts
Anyone else on the forum excited for SuperCruise self driving?
I am! I am!
"The industry’s first true hands-free driver assistance system.."

Except for this part after paying mucho for the option:

Chevy Electric
@ChevyElectric

Replying to
@Yourstruly.....
Thanks for asking. The Super Cruise Plan is $25.99 per month. Please know we are unable to speculate on features on future models. Should you have any additional questions, please feel free to send us a DM.
___
And that is in addition to the required Onstar plan.

I really want this: Open.AI with a premier Bolt.
What is the Bolt lacking to make this interface work?

Reactions: boltco

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Anyone else on the forum excited for SuperCruise self driving?
Not me. I've used regular cruise a few times in the last several years. I would expect to use SuperCruise even less, so it does not interest me. I'll hold out for full autonomous.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I wish my LT had some sort of driver-assistance option. If I knew I could have gotten it, or gotten "Open.AI" with a premier Bolt, I would have waited for one. Anyone else on the forum excited for SuperCruise self driving? Anyone gonna trade-in their Bolt for a new one in 2022?
Not sure if that is the same, or you just mistyped, comma.ai but if you search the forums folks have some impressive videos posted of it in operation on the Bolt, as long as it came with LKA assist option, DCII.
"Hey guys, I don't know if this has been mentioned, but we currently have full self driving (level-2 lane centering and auto cruise) working on all Bolts that have the Lane keep assist option. The parts you need from me to get it working add $250 to the price of the Comma.ai hardware (which is $1200) "

·
Registered
951 Posts
Replying to
@Yourstruly.....
Thanks for asking. The Super Cruise Plan is $25.99 per month. Please know we are unable to speculate on features on future models. Should you have any additional questions, please feel free to send us a DM.
Knowing EV owners obsession with "free" I wonder what the take rate would be?
You still have to kind of pay attention to the driving so what's the point?

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
I am! I am!

Chevy Electric
@ChevyElectric

Replying to
@Yourstruly.....
___

You get what you pay for, as they say...

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
I'm excited for 2 specific use cases for self-driving systems.

1. primarily for long distance trips, first as a safety mechanism against drowsy driving mistakes, and eventually as the primary driver so I can sleep while making progress towards my destination.
2. handling stop and go commutes.

Since I don't intend to use an EV on long distance trips, and I no longer have a commute, I don't have a need for some of the more advanced driving aids.

·
Registered
20 Posts
We specifically looked for an LT without the Driver Confidence packages, back in early 2017. Most came with I and II. We had to drive half way across the state to get one without.
why did you not want the drive confidence pckg. what is the benefit of not having it. thanks in advance for your response

·
Registered
2017 Bolt LT - Gunmetal Gray
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Interesting... to each their own, I suppose.

·
Registered
541 Posts
The Bolt EUV will get Supercruise, but the standard Bolt will be getting just adaptive cruise control. I think recent media reports that both will get Supercruise are in error.

·
Registered
Premier, Yo, with every goodie!
1,614 Posts
Nothing. If your Bolt has Driver and convinience II you can add Open.ai with an open-source version of the software.
This says no:

__
This seems to say yes, but not much else: GM OpenPilot Parts

Is there a better source of info for the Bolt?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Article 1: caranddriver.com
Article 2: theverge.com

I wish my LT had some sort of driver-assistance option. If I knew I could have gotten it, or gotten Open.AI with a premier Bolt, I would have waited for one. Anyone else on the forum excited for SuperCruise self driving? Anyone gonna trade-in their Bolt for a new one in 2022?
I have a 2017 lease due in May and would love to trade in for new one with Supercruise, or even adaptive cruise, but unfortunately doesn't look like they'll be available yet. I would consider extending the lease a few months in wait, but in addition to Supercruise I really want significantly faster charging so will probably consider other ev's.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am! I am!

Chevy Electric
@ChevyElectric

Replying to
@Yourstruly.....
___

That is a much better deal than the $10k Tesla auto pilot if that is the only cost. Consumer Report rated super cruise higher than Tesla auto pilot, so the only other question I'd have is the Bolt getting the same or a watered-down version?

·
Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
465 Posts
That is a much better deal than the $10k Tesla auto pilot if that is the only cost. Consumer Report rated super cruise higher than Tesla auto pilot, so the only other question I'd have is the Bolt getting the same or a watered-down version?
I am! I am!

Chevy Electric
@ChevyElectric

Replying to
@Yourstruly.....
___

That’s a pretty good deal. With Elon claiming that a monthly subscription to FSD is coming soon, I’ve seen guesstimates from $200/month on up. That might seem high, but it’s probably more cost-effective than a one-time $10k fee when broken down to monthly cost. But regardless, that Super Cruise subscription cost seems much more reasonable in comparison.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The Bolt EUV will get Supercruise, but the standard Bolt will be getting just adaptive cruise control. I think recent media reports that both will get Supercruise are in error.
Will the old Bolts w/ Confidence I and II and Driver Assist packages receive the update to be able to use the Supercruise or to something similar to OpenPilot from Chevy?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts