Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Will the old Bolts w/ Confidence I and II and Driver Assist packages receive the update to be able to use the Supercruise or to something similar to OpenPilot from Chevy?
When You look at the videos they show steering wheel with a multicolor led built in so I doubt anyone below 2022 Bolt/ Bolt EUV will get it.

·
Registered
Premier, Yo, with every goodie!
1,624 Posts
Will the old Bolts w/ Confidence I and II and Driver Assist packages receive the update to be able to use the Supercruise...
Definitely not.
There is LIDAR, Driver's eye tracking IR camera with the IR emitters on the top of the steering wheel, probably a narrow beam radar unit that current gen Adaptive Cruise Controls require and who knows what other hardware that is part of Supercruise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My local dealer told me that there aren't any Supercruise EUV's available for my MSRP swap due to the chip shortage. Is this accurate or should I start looking for another dealer?

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier w/ Sun n Sound
339 Posts
My local dealer told me that there aren't any Supercruise EUV's available for my MSRP swap due to the chip shortage. Is this accurate or should I start looking for another dealer?
That is what I was told last summer when I bought my EUV. Lots of vehicle lines are being produced without certain options because of it. I didn't lose any sleep over it because as long as it has cruise control I am a happy guy. When I don't feel like driving then I take the train and drink beer while I enjoy the scenery.

Reactions: SirCascade

·
Registered
86 Posts
The inventory of Nov production run of Bolts for swaps that I selected a Bolt EUV from yesterday didn't have any with Super Cruise. The highest set of options was the Premier trim with Sun & Sound with all-weather mats. If you are truly set on doing a swap and getting Super Cruise, you can place an order for a vehicle with that option. Then you will need to wait for production to resume and for the chips to be available. How lucky are you feeling?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts