Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
2023 Bolt EUV
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow is supposed to be the first day of production for 2023's. Orders opened on 6/9 and I ordered mine on 6/25. Wonder how many pre-orders were taken in June. Does anyone have any information on the factory's weekly production capacity? Maybe 500 per week? I don’t know. If a few thousand were entered before me I hope my car would be built by end of August but so far no word. Would be very interested in hearing when others placed their orders and what they get told about their production dates.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT Cayenne Orange Metallic
1,426 Posts
Does anyone have any information on the factory's weekly production capacity? Maybe 500 per week? I don’t know.
I think 500 per week is a good guess. Based on annual sales numbers they had to have produced at least that many in the past. And GM claims to want to have a record year in 2022.

The only possible fly in the ointment is of course supply chain issues. I suppose also the need to supply pack replacements on an ongoing basis could be a limiting factor too.

Reactions: Martin D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Tomorrow is supposed to be the first day of production for 2023's. Orders opened on 6/9 and I ordered mine on 6/25. Wonder how many pre-orders were taken in June. Does anyone have any information on the factory's weekly production capacity? Maybe 500 per week? I don’t know. If a few thousand were entered before me I hope my car would be built by end of August but so far no word. Would be very interested in hearing when others placed their orders and what they get told about their production dates.
I have not heard anything from my SWFL dealer. Ordered mine 7/7.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Bolt LT
82 Posts
I just checked my order status again, and it's slated to be built the week of 8/1 (I was previously given a quote between the middle of August to first of September). I ordered mine the second week of July.

2023 EUV Premier (all packages: Super Cruise, Sun&Sound, Interior Protection) + Redline package.

·
Registered
2023 Bolt EUV
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just checked my order status again, and it's slated to be built the week of 8/1 (I was previously given a quote between the middle of August to first of September). I ordered mine the second week of July.

2023 EUV Premier (all packages: Super Cruise, Sun&Sound, Interior Protection) + Redline package.
Did you really order second week of July or did you mean June?

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Bolt LT
82 Posts
Did you really order second week of July or did you mean June?
100% ordered the second week of July. Specifically;
Placed my order on 7/11/22
Order accepted on 7/18/22
Estimated date was provided between middle of August and September once order was accepted but pending build week
Just checked today and build week is 8/1/22

At this rate, I’d expect the vehicle to end up at my dealer (Phoenix, AZ) before end of October at worst.

·
Registered
2023 Bolt EUV
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Estimated date was provided between middle of August and September once order was accepted but pending build week

At this rate, I’d expect the vehicle to end up at my dealer (Phoenix, AZ) before end of October at worst.
I placed my order on 6/25
Accepted on 7/5
I checked with my dealer about 2 weeks ago and he didn't have the build week.
If your build week is next week, mine should be at least the same if not possibly this week! I'll call me dealer and see.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts

Which dealer?

·
Registered
5 Posts

I'm curious, how are you checking your build week? Several weeks ago, I got a date from my dealer, but the online chat is unable to provide a build date. I don't want to keep bugging my dealer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I too placed my order on 7/11/22 for a Bolt EV 1LT but the bots still say order not yet accepted. Does anyone understand why the wide variation in dates of acceptance or lack thereof?

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Bolt LT
82 Posts
Which dealer?
Courtesy Chevrolet. Spoke with the order manager directly and had a copy of my order and build 6 digit as well on the same day (7/11).

I'm curious, how are you checking your build week? Several weeks ago, I got a date from my dealer, but the online chat is unable to provide a build date. I don't want to keep bugging my dealer.
You can ask GM reps directly through the live chat or calling them. Many will just give you the generic line (ex; order accepted pending further process) but others will give you the actual code your build is in, the build week, etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello , New to the forum. I am curious about orders. My dealer placed an order for my 2023 EUV on 6/27 and when I checked on the Chevy website, they stated that the order was placed by the dealer but GM has not accepted it yet. I see others that were placed after mine have been accepted, does anyone know why that would be?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello , New to the forum. I am curious about orders. My dealer placed an order for my 2023 EUV on 6/27 and when I checked on the Chevy website, they stated that the order was placed by the dealer but GM has not accepted it yet. I see others that were placed after mine have been accepted, does anyone know why that would be?
I'm in the same boat as you. Just got off the phone with my salesman. It seems that order acceptance is based on "allocation" of the model we order. Each dealer seems to have different allocations. My dealer told me I'm the only 2023 Bolt EV that has an order placed but they haven't received any allocation for it yet and they don't known when they will. Crazy system.

·
Registered
2023 Bolt EUV
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm in the same boat as you. Just got off the phone with my salesman. It seems that order acceptance is based on "allocation" of the model we order. Each dealer seems to have different allocations. My dealer told me I'm the only 2023 Bolt EV that has an order placed but they haven't received any allocation for it yet and they don't known when they will. Crazy system.
That sounds plausible. I deliberately ordered my car from a dealer that is 45 minutes away because they had the reputation of selling the most Bolts in the area. They also sell at sticker price when some of the closer dealers try to add on extra BS I don't need or want.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the reply , that sounds about right. My salesman responded too and said he has seen a couple of the LTs they ordered come through as accepted but not the Premier yet which is what I ordered. Since it is based on allocation I guess I may have a longer wait.

·
Registered
132 Posts
You can ask GM reps directly through the live chat or calling them. Many will just give you the generic line (ex; order accepted pending further process) but others will give you the actual code your build is in, the build week, etc.
Can you share the link to the website where you can live chat? Did you just give them your order number?

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Bolt LT
82 Posts
Can you share the link to the website where you can live chat? Did you just give them your order number?
It's chevrolet’s main website, “Support”, “Live Chat”.

“Hi”
“Vehicle order status”
Your build number
“No”
connected to a live agent
“Can I get the build week and build status code for order number XXXXX?”

1 - 20 of 121 Posts