Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was happily surprised to get 306 mile range in my 2020 Bolt EV Premier on a recent round trip from New Jersey to central New York state.

The weather was good (70's and 80's) and I didn't need much AC. The first leg of the trip was all highway driving and mostly uphill, and the return trip was on two lane roads and mostly downhill. So it was a good test of the overall ability of the Chevy Bolt EV -- better than expected !

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's impressive Alan. What was your average speed? 60-65mph? Do you keep your tires at 44psi?

Looking forward to doing a few road trips in my 2019 soon. That would probably translate to around 275 miles in my 60kWh pack. Great to know 300+ miles is possible with ideal conditions. Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
2022 Bolt EVU Premium
32 Posts
When I saw "306 miles" my brain went back to 2012 when I hypermiled in my 2012 Volt. In reading your post, I thought maybe you were hypermiling in your Bolt and then saw "New Jersey to New York State." I would never have the guts to attempt hypermiling in your neck of the woods. Here where I used to to that, my road was like in the "Twilight Zone" and rarely had other drivers on it.
Congrats...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's impressive Alan. What was your average speed? 60-65mph? Do you keep your tires at 44psi?

Looking forward to doing a few road trips in my 2019 soon. That would probably translate to around 275 miles in my 60kWh pack. Great to know 300+ miles is possible with ideal conditions. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for your note -- I keep the tires at 39 psi as recommended. Average speed was in the 60-65mph range.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts