Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As before there was a black line from the passenger side rearview mirror as well as a distortion of bending a straight line, dealer replaced the whole mirror assembly with the camera in it. Still the same, when we folded the mirror rearward the black line disappeared and the distortion went away but it was way past the licking point and rendered the mirror useless. Dealer is stumped and gonna contact Chevy support. Attached is picture with new mirror, notice the straight line bending backward just like the original mirror assembly.

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Someone else had this issue either here or on FB. In their case, the surround cameras were calibrated when the passenger mirror was completely folded back, so the picture was distorted no matter what. But it was clear that if they folded the mirror back, all the black 'null' zones went away. I don't know how they calibrate it (my LT doesn't have the feature), but I believe GM can recalibrate, and it will fix your issue. Hope you get it worked out. I miss those cameras.. had them on my 2015 Leaf.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts