Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my Premier my 360 surround camera is showing a dark line extending forward from the camera in the right front mirror, is this normal, if not thinking the lens might be too high in the mirror body and reflecting the black of the mirror. Attached is a picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
624 Posts
Doesn’t look normal... try cleaning the camera lens under the mirror. After a rain I get dust/gunk collected there that usually causes black circles.

If that doesn’t do it, take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doesn’t look normal... try cleaning the camera lens under the mirror. After a rain I get dust/gunk collected there that usually causes black circles.

If that doesn’t do it, take it to the dealer.
Tried cleaning it did not help, will make an appointment with the dealer

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Look at the straight pavement joints. That whole picture needs to be rotated counterclockwise 15 degrees. I think it is mechanical and not electronic.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
I replicated your view by slightly moving the mirror housing on its joint forward from its centering indent.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes definitely something wrong with the housing, when I fold the drivers mirror forward it moves freely and snaps into place forward. When I di that with the passenger mirror it does not move smoothly and grumbles as it moves and does not snap into place forward just stops, sounds like the hinge might be out of alignment, wonder if they have to replace it how long it would be to get the part.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes definitely something wrong with the housing, when I fold the drivers mirror forward it moves freely and snaps into place forward. When I di that with the passenger mirror it does not move smoothly and grumbles as it moves and does not snap into place forward just stops, sounds like the hinge might be out of alignment, wonder if they have to replace it how long it would be to get the part.
Hi Steve,

Did you ever get the camera issue fixed at the dealer? If so, did they just re-align the camera/mirror or did they have to replace the whole mirror assembly? We just bought a new 2018 Bolt and it has the same issue. Taking it to the dealer soon.

Thanks,
Jonathan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts