Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never thought this would be all that practical but I'm so glad I went for this option (http://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/general-motors-technology/gm-safety-technology/gm-active-safety-technology/gm-surround-vision-camera-technology/) While parallel parking yesterday I noticed that it gives you a very detailed view of how close your tires are to the curb. Now I can always park close to the curb without hitting it! 0:) I've damaged so many rims in the past by rubbing them against curbs when trying to park. This feature is awesome! See how it works in the pic below...

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was taken aback when test driving mine. Popped it in reverse and was all WHAT THE?
Love the feature.
Sure makes backing up the driveway easier and parking my car right up against the side of the house. Getting closer to the curb that I generally would try, not knowing a car very well yet, is easy peasey in these first few days of ownership.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I don't know if this is part of the Great GM Safety Conspiracy, but I now find myself backing into perpendicular parking spots. Better to see the pavement stripes and curb.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
You can turn the camera on while pulling into a parking spot. You don't have to put it in reverse to get the 360-degree view. Just hit Home -> Icon/Apps Button (upper left on the display) -> Camera. You have be going less than 5 mph to enable it. Or you can put the call in reverse and then into drive to have the camera come on. Annoying, but it works.

·
Registered
195 Posts
:)My favorite feature on the Bolt is obviously the EV range. Second is the surround vision. When parking, I'm always concerned with curbing my wheels, or possible damage to the front or rear of my cars. Surround vision solves those issues. So neat.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Idea: Maybe we can use some the blank buttons space in the console to wire a button that temporarily send a "reverse gear" pulse to the entertainment system to get the 360 camera to come up when driving forward?

·
Registered
62 Posts
rear seat reminder

couldn't figure how the car knew i put pkgs in rear seat / turns out GM monitors if rear doors opened before car started and puts up reminder when car parked
avail on most 2017 and 18 vehicles / I suppose to stop parents from forgetting kids in rear seat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts