Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to buy these floormats and first impression is that they are amazing. Great coverage and dont seem to move around at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
347 Posts
are they cloth or plastic? i went with weathertech because they're impervious to water/mud.
The tuxmats are a weatherproof material - not rubber, maybe vinyl - seems robust and goes way under the seats - way up on the dead pedal, up to the seat in the back seat and out to the door frames. I may go back to carpet in the warm months but will love the Tuxmats in winter. I figured a canadian product would be able to handle the snow... The Chevy OEM all weather mats don't cover very well - they look nice and are robust but they won't save your carpet.

The mats pictured by the OP here look nice - and I like that there is a lip around - look fabric but also possibly weatherproof. I'm sure they have more detail on those.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some sort of waterproof material, there are videos on youtube where people have filled them up with a gallon of water. They were $40 cheaper than other options and have a slight grip to them which I like. I have huskys in my F350 and they are fairly slick, but I like these more.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Thank you for bringing light to another option! Awesome that they are making these for the Bolt!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No problem! I couldnt seem to find any TuxMats available and the weathertech for me was too expensive. I just happened to stumble across these and after watching the video above, I went for it and I am glad I did.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Those cover the dead pedal nicely which was a deal-breaker for me with WeatherTech and others that didn't. They also have a really nice pattern to them as well... classy "car look" not a look like it's a pickup truck. How much was your whole set front/back? Never heard of this company before.

I went with TuxMat as well due to the insane amount of floor coverage (pedal, sides, underseat, backseat humps, etc) and they have some kind of soft "pillowing" effect with the quilted design. It rained here today so it was the first real time I went in with wet soles on my sneakers and it they were extremely grippy.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They are available on ebay and amazon. I purchased mine through ebay (autocaredepot) and they were delivered quickly

·
Registered
257 Posts
Those look like a pretty good product.
I went with Tux Mats. The drivers one has a twist lock in the center that engages so they cannot move. They also go under the rails of the front seat. & come with clips to secure them around the “gas” pedal.
They also have a full circumference lip to contain shoe grime & road salt.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The Maxpider's back is a sort of porcupine-like material that locks with the car's carpet holding it securely so there is no slippage.

The only thing I wonder about the Maxpider is how long it will last before a right heel wears through the material. For my Leaf I cut a little square from a thin floor mat to use as a heel guard.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I didn't know about Maxpider when purchased Tuxmat for our Bolt. I was on the fence between weathertech (which we have in our other car and really like) or the Tuxmat (no experience but read good feedback on this site). The Tuxmat are great and offer amazing coverage. I am really glad to have full coverage on the dead pedal with Minnesota winter right around the corner.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They have been great so far, very easy to clean and they cover everything, even the dead pedal. I am not much for the look of the TuxMats but that is purely a personal thing. Just wanted to add another option here for people to consider. The price is great for full coverage of all areas (except cargo) and I think they look pretty good too. Also, they have a very grippy surface, so none of the slip and slide that comes along with the husky/weathertech types when it is wet.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ended up placing an order for the grey Maxpider ones. They cover the deadpedal and look pretty close to OEM in terms of the color. The tux mats look a little bit out of place compared to the rest of the car to me.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts