Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Found this today you can download the 3D model here and print it online or with your own printer…

Download the file here (there are 2 files, the 3d model is printed in two pieces which you glue them together when they arrive - very easy to do, this is how it is because it is much cheaper and easier to ship):

and you can print it from https://craftcloud3d.com/ which is recommended to you at the end of the purchase process.

Cost w/ ABS material + Shipping: ~$30 (PLA material is cheaper but doesn't like heat as much as ABS).

·
Registered
2021 Black Bolt EV Premier
1,242 Posts
Hmm. I have a friend that will love this. Thanks.
If the design can be changed to allow for the divider to to be removed by sliding it in/out that would be better.
I’ll send the file to him.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Looking at the pictures it's quite simple. I think I'll try to design one first in fusion 360. At a minimum it will be a learning experience. I'm always trying to get better with it. Gotta wait until I finish the basement since my 3D printer is in storage though. If my wife catches me spending time on a non-basement project I'll be in trouble.

·
Registered
217 Posts
ABS is the same plastic used in the console tray in my 2020. The main thing you have to consider is how hot it gets in a car in the summer. PLA would not hold up well. PTEG should be ok, but ABS would be best IMO. One problem with ABS is that printing with it smells.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ABS is the same plastic used in the console tray in my 2020. The main thing you have to consider is how hot it gets in a car in the summer. PLA would not hold up well. PTEG should be ok, but ABS would be best IMO. One problem with ABS is that printing with it smells.
Thank you very much, I don't have any experience w/ 3d printing but the website offered several material options and I remember I chose ABS (was between that and PTEG) but was wondering if it was an OK choice, I'm glad I stayed away from the PLA!

·
Registered
20 Posts
So I downloaded your 3D files and there are two:

Corps_Plateau_Bolt_EV-EUV -2022_V01.stl
TOP_Plateau_Bolt_EV-EUV -2022_V01.stl

Which one do I upload to the printing service? I have never done this before, so I am baffled!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I downloaded your 3D files and there are two:

Corps_Plateau_Bolt_EV-EUV -2022_V01.stl
TOP_Plateau_Bolt_EV-EUV -2022_V01.stl

Which one do I upload to the printing service? I have never done this before, so I am baffled!
Both, they are separate parts to facilitate printing and shipping you glue them together upon arrival. I'll send you a pic.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier NOV22Batch
141 Posts
I am not a big spender. If you have an ALDI supermarket near you, the Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds come in a tray that fits perfectly. $3.99 for great almonds and a fix for this oversight from GM. (This tray may outlast the car and the armrest functions perfectly.)
Automotive lighting Bumper Trunk Automotive design Rectangle

Vehicle Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am not a big spender. If you have an ALDI supermarket near you, the Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds come in a tray that fits perfectly. $3.99 for great almonds and a fix for this oversight from GM. (This tray may outlast the car and the armrest functions perfectly.)
evgeek “I’m not a big spender”..

- proceeds do drive off on a top of the line 2022 $45,000 electric vehicle 😂😂😂

Joking 😅

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier - Silver
329 Posts
Thanks for the tip, and it does fit perfectly. I don't know if it will outlast the car, but it's good to know that it's available if I need another one. The container is 4.5" square and 3" deep. If anyone finds a package that's 4.5" x 6", that would be even better.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts