Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV Premier that had an estimated delivery date of 6/24/22. This was well within the Customer Cash period of $6300. Now my dealer said that the date has been changed to 7/11/22. He says that he feels that GM will extend this. Does anyone in the group have any opinions on this or know anything about this? My dealer tells me that he can not see the vehicle. I chatted with chevy and it currently has an event code of 4000 which means that it is ready to ship. It has been at this status for about a week and 1/2.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT, 2021 Kona EV SEL
2,251 Posts
I have a 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV Premier that had an estimated delivery date of 6/24/22. This was well within the Customer Cash period of $6300. Now my dealer said that the date has been changed to 7/11/22. He says that he feels that GM will extend this. Does anyone in the group have any opinions on this or know anything about this? My dealer tells me that he can not see the vehicle. I chatted with chevy and it currently has an event code of 4000 which means that it is ready to ship. It has been at this status for about a week and 1/2.
I get the paranoia but you have two very important reasons not to worry

1. They dropped the MSRP of the 2023s, not added an incentive. They can't sell a 2022 Bolt EUV for $42,000 and then have an identical spec 2023 selling for $36,000. By dropping the price of the MSRP they kind of forced themselves into this.
  2. End of model year incentives for inventory clearing very rarely ever "close out" and typically renew month over month for a full year. If anything the incentives get better on the outgoing model year a few months into the next's run. I wouldn't expect this because no one is going to be sitting on a ton of inventory, but worth noting.

It's very hard to envision scenarios where this doesn't get extended beyond 7/5. It'd be more of a pain in the ass to take it back, probably.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I get the paranoia but you have two very important reasons not to worry

1. They dropped the MSRP of the 2023s, not added an incentive. They can't sell a 2022 Bolt EUV for $42,000 and then have an identical spec 2023 selling for $36,000. By dropping the price of the MSRP they kind of forced themselves into this.
  2. End of model year incentives for inventory clearing very rarely ever "close out" and typically renew month over month for a full year. If anything the incentives get better on the outgoing model year a few months into the next's run. I wouldn't expect this because no one is going to be sitting on a ton of inventory, but worth noting.

It's very hard to envision scenarios where this doesn't get extended beyond 7/5. It'd be more of a pain in the ass to take it back, probably.
Are there really a lot of the EUV in inventory? They are had to find in my area?

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
There are a TON of them sitting on the lots awaiting a replacement battery with big STOP SALE notifications on them.
Every dealer around me has several, a few of them have 20 or more.
That's completely different than a new from factory car, though you do bring up a very valid point which is you could get a really good deal, especially if you forego the mid-cycle refresh and nab a '21 that was still new last August on the lot. A '21 Premiere with replaced battery and 100 miles on it for $23,000 would be quite the steal and very possibly in the cards in 3-6 months time.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That's completely different than a new from factory car, though you do bring up a very valid point which is you could get a really good deal, especially if you forego the mid-cycle refresh and nab a '21 that was still new last August on the lot. A '21 Premiere with replaced battery and 100 miles on it for $23,000 would be quite the steal and very possibly in the cards in 3-6 months time.
These aren't 2021 models though, they are the very first 2022 model year cars that hit the showroom right as the stop sale happened I believe.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The other problem I have been seeing unfold here, nearly all the dealers are packing the pricing on these so that they get every penny of the rebate for themselves, with additional markup above that. It seems insane they are going so hard on them right now.
I have actually been quite angry at them with all the time I have wasted going dealer to dealer and having them pull the market adjustment and forced bundle games.
a 42k car, with a 6300 rebate, should NOT be out the door for 5 grand over MSRP. It's crazy. One quote I had was 47k and change for the actual out the door cost. Mind you, this is for a clean deal with no trade and AAA credit score.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
These aren't 2021 models though, they are the very first 2022 model year cars that hit the showroom right as the stop sale happened I believe.
Aye, and when the second recall happened they were still clearing the '21 models at a discount and weren't done selling all of those off. I know cause I got mine a week or so before! :cautious:

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT Cayenne Orange Metallic
1,131 Posts
The other problem I have been seeing unfold here, nearly all the dealers are packing the pricing on these so that they get every penny of the rebate for themselves, with additional markup above that. It seems insane they are going so hard on them right now.
I have actually been quite angry at them with all the time I have wasted going dealer to dealer and having them pull the market adjustment and forced bundle games.
a 42k car, with a 6300 rebate, should NOT be out the door for 5 grand over MSRP. It's crazy. One quote I had was 47k and change for the actual out the door cost. Mind you, this is for a clean deal with no trade and AAA credit score.
That really sucks. Have you tried casting a wider net? Even if you have to pay for shipping or travel to pick it up, finding a good dealer that wont mark it up may be worth it. I know they are out there. We have at least a few in Minnesota anyway.

Donohoo Chevrolet in Alabama has sold to several people on this forum and without jacking up the price.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That really sucks. Have you tried casting a wider net? Even if you have to pay for shipping or travel to pick it up, finding a good dealer that wont mark it up may be worth it. I know they are out there. We have at least a few in Minnesota anyway.

Donohoo Chevrolet in Alabama has sold to several people on this forum and without jacking up the price.
The best I have found so far, on an inbound one, 2022 euv premier with sun and sound package
42,510 msrp
6,300 rebate
3,000 GM employee rebate
puts me at 33,210 plus a $2999.95 "Care package" which is their markup they won't give up
puts me at 36,205 plus tax , tag and doc fees
It's looking like 38 to 39 out the door

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
The best I have found so far, on an inbound one, 2022 euv premier with sun and sound package
42,510 msrp
6,300 rebate
3,000 GM employee rebate
puts me at 33,210 plus a $2999.95 "Care package" which is their markup they won't give up
puts me at 36,205 plus tax , tag and doc fees
It's looking like 38 to 39 out the door
That's awful $3000 care package BS!

You could get a car shipped for a lot less or fly one way and drive it home if you have the time. Two people on this forum, one from Detroit, just came to Minnesota to get Bolts at Country Chevrolet. No BS! Or check out Donohoo in Alabama.

Perhaps other members know of dealers closer to you. They are out there.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That's awful $3000 care package BS!

You could get a car shipped for a lot less or fly one way and drive it home if you have the time. Two people on this forum, one from Detroit, just came to Minnesota to get Bolts at Country Chevrolet. No BS! Or check out Donohoo in Alabama.

Perhaps other members know of dealers closer to you. They are out there.
I used the 3,000 GM employee rebate to cancel out the care package crap. It was a tough fight to get it too. They were fairly resolute to not bother , but I persisted about how there is zero in that care package that I give a rip about, and if I don't grab this car from them now, they will have a really rough time getting rid of it with 2023 models inbound. I have been buying cars for 30 years, and have NEVER seen it this bad.

·
Premium Member
2022 EUV Premium Ice Blue
125 Posts
I'm picking up my 2022 EUV right off the truck at a dealer in CT on Thursday. Sold my 2020 without the battery replacement to Carvana for $23,700. New one MSRP minus the $6,300 and a dealer fee of $600 (OK, extra profit, I get it). But no stupid other ADM's.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I used the 3,000 GM employee rebate to cancel out the care package crap. It was a tough fight to get it too. They were fairly resolute to not bother , but I persisted about how there is zero in that care package that I give a rip about, and if I don't grab this car from them now, they will have a really rough time getting rid of it with 2023 models inbound. I have been buying cars for 30 years, and have NEVER seen it this bad.
Ok. So it's a done deal. It's still a nice deal overall, but that dealer certainly didn't earn any brownie points taking away your Employee Discount basically.

Congratulations and enjoy your new EUV with Bose and sunroof!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ok. So it's a done deal. It's still a nice deal overall, but that dealer certainly didn't earn any brownie points taking away your Employee Discount basically.

Congratulations and enjoy your new EUV with Bose and sunroof!
Many dealers flat out refuse to honor employee discounts or rebates. To be fair, he was working with me, and it was an acceptable compromise. I would have been happy if they removed the care pack, but the fact he talked with me and was willing to push the employee rebate into the deal to make me happy, was a reasonable compromise.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm picking up my 2022 EUV right off the truck at a dealer in CT on Thursday. Sold my 2020 without the battery replacement to Carvana for $23,700. New one MSRP minus the $6,300 and a dealer fee of $600 (OK, extra profit, I get it). But no stupid other ADM's.
I have been looking for a 2020 Premier for some time, prices range from 31,000-35,000 with low mileage vehicles-they will not budge on the pricing. Carvana paid you ? $23,700- what a profit !

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sometimes when I post, people add on to the post and it starts to have nothing to do with the beginning subject. It should be a rule that you need to start a new post if it has nothing to do with the original subject. I get spammed in my email thinking I got a response to my topic.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Sometimes when I post, people add on to the post and it starts to have nothing to do with the beginning subject. It should be a rule that you need to start a new post if it has nothing to do with the original subject. I get spammed in my email thinking I got a response to my topic.
You're not wrong in how you feel but I've been using message boards since the BBS says of the early 90s and it will always happen. You can always request for help from a mod, people like @MichBolt are super accommodating to this where most communities ignore derails uniformly unless something else inappropriate is also going on or its some kind of egregious troll.

It also tends to get worse when a topic is covered across many threads. There are a lot with "$5900" or "$6300" in the title and the details get crossed and confused to the point where anything involving the rebates get discussed on any topic.

We're all here participating with you, not trying to have a discussion despite you. You could always disable the e-mail popups.

Bottom line, the rules exist and there's a dude who goes above and beyond to help enforce it. If you can think of a better way to get a discussion going, on topic, I think the entire internet is all ears because the market solution, places like Reddit and Facebook dehumanize the experience and make it far worse.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You're not wrong in how you feel but I've been using message boards since the BBS says of the early 90s and it will always happen. You can always request for help from a mod, people like @MichBolt are super accommodating to this where most communities ignore derails uniformly unless something else inappropriate is also going on or its some kind of egregious troll.

It also tends to get worse when a topic is covered across many threads. There are a lot with "$5900" or "$6300" in the title and the details get crossed and confused to the point where anything involving the rebates get discussed on any topic.

We're all here participating with you, not trying to have a discussion despite you. You could always disable the e-mail popups.

Bottom line, the rules exist and there's a dude who goes above and beyond to help enforce it. If you can think of a better way to get a discussion going, on topic, I think the entire internet is all ears because the market solution, places like Reddit and Facebook dehumanize the experience and make it far worse.
I guess you are right.

Update: I did a Vin Tracking on the shipper's website and now it has a ship date just not a delivery date. Said it was shipped at 5:558am this morning CST
Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Number

1 - 20 of 28 Posts