Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I last checked the $ 7,500 incentive was not in the House Bill but was in the Senate Bill. Is this still correct?

·
Registered
149 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I can't wait to pay less taxes... It will be fake news when I do my tax returns and owe the IRS more money. I can't wait to drive my car on "clean coal" as well. Just take some coal, clean it off, and we have the cleanest energy on the planet.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yes, and the two chambers will reconcile the two bills before sending it up to the President, where hopefully the subsidy will remain in place for a while more.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Wait, I thought it was cut? Didn't read it myself, but from the gm-volt forums: http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?306601-GM-(stock-price)-dips-after-U.S.-sales-fall-more-than-anticipated&p=4330521#post4330521

Nope...The Senate cut it with the following language...(c) Repeal Of Section 30D.—

(1) IN GENERAL.—Subpart B of part IV of subchapter A of chapter 1 is amended by striking section 30D (and by striking the item relating to such section in the table of sections for such subpart).

(2) CONFORMING AMENDMENTS.—

(A) Section 38(b) is amended by striking paragraph (35).

(B) Section 1016(a) is amended by striking paragraph (37).

(C) Section 6501(m) is amended by striking “30D(e)(4),”.

(d) Effective Date.—

(1) IN GENERAL.—Except as provided in paragraphs (2) and (3), the amendments made by this section shall apply to taxable years beginning after December 31, 2017.

(2) SUBSECTION (b).—The amendment made by subsection (c) shall apply to taxable years ending after December 31, 2017.

(3) SUBSECTION (c).—The amendments made by subsection (d) shall apply to vehicles placed in service in taxable years beginning after December 31, 2017.

Section 30D of the Tax Code...
26 U.S. Code § 30D - New qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicles
US Code

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/26/30D#

But, the Senate and the House have to get together and hammer out the differences...so who knows what will be in or out of the final bill

Reactions: surgeonFWW

·
Registered
293 Posts
That volt forum thread was confusing. The senate cut the cut, so the EV rebate was retained.

That is, a end of 2017 cut of the EV rebate was added (by Sen. Flake, I think), and then the language was nullified by a later addition (i.e. the repeal language is still in the bill, but canceled by a later amendment.)

So, in reconciliation, who knows. But if the House just does an up/down vote, the rebate would go on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts