Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
181 - 200 of 308 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
The fire department give the address, so if you want to do some sort of lookup (property records, etc.) to find an owner's name and phone number or social media account, you can try that.
I looked up the tax record and got a name. I found him on LinkedIn. I reached out to him. I will let you know if I hear back. I didn’t see anything on Facebook for him.

·
Registered
79 Posts
It would be good to know if they owner was following the recommendations. But that'll be hard to find out
It is unlikely that they will say anything other than they were following the approved recommendations. Saying anything else would likely damage their claim with the insurance company...

·
Registered
171 Posts
If I'm risk management for GM, and thinking about the (admittedly rare) potential to burn down an apartment or condo full of people, I would have a fleet of 18 wheelers with checkbooks driving from one Bolt owner address to the next, picking up every car I could get my hands on. If a worst case scenario happens, a lawyer can easily prove GM knew the problem was there. That's going to be a settlement check to remember.
Buying back all the Bolts would cost $5B. No settlement would remotely approach that.

EDIT: the damage to their credibility could make a difference though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
704 Posts
Actually what I have never said to not park inside. It said when you are finished charging, move the car.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Now this really tics me off GM tells Bolt owners to park 50 feet from other cars in parking garages, confirms 12 fires
Headline today
Reading these headlines has now moved me into a "get-me-out-of-this-car" frame of mind. I live in a single-family house on a suburban street in Northern Virginia, outside of Washington, DC. There is no place in my town, no place to which I go, no place I can think of within five miles of my house, where I could park my car and assure myself that it will remain at least 50 feet distant from any other car.

I think we have just tipped over into outrageous land.

·
Registered
39 Posts
think we have just tipped over into outrageous land.
I agree. I wanted to give it some time to see how things played out before pursuing a buyback. I love the car and really don’t want to go back to an ice or lower range ev like a leaf. From the known cases so far, mostly Korean 2019 batteries having the highest risk, I’m not really losing sleep about my car bursting into flames with a 2020. But if GM says my car isn’t safe to park within 50 feet of other cars, Im questioning leaving it in my garage overnight (which is complies with the prior recall) or driving my 7 month old around in. I’m really thinking about pursuing a buyback now. Not sure the success rate for those in Colorado.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own a 2020 Bolt. In the past I leased a 2013 Nissan Leaf for 3 years, so I am somewhat familiar with electric cars.

One of the first things I noticed owning the Bolt was how firm the ride is. I can feel every bump in the road. Is it possible that some of the batteries are being damaged from the day-to-day driving of the cars on bumpy roads? Perhaps some batteries were defective from a manufacturing or assembly issue, while others have been damaged as a result of normal use.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There's no way I could ensure 50 ft clearance anywhere within a 100 mile radius from my house. What could be "buyback" scenarios for a leased Bolt? Free Hertz rental for the rest of my lease term or until they could replace the battery?

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
468 Posts
Anyone think of calling a politician for help? I hate to say it GM might need some arm bending. I was thinking Rep Tim Briglin who had a Bolt burn in his driveway. He is in the Vermont legislature. You think that is crazy? With the latest news GM should be forced to offer a buy back. There is no living with the new recommendations and GOD FORBID my car your car or anyone's hurt someone because it decided that today it should go poof. This is no longer safe or acceptable.

181 - 200 of 308 Posts