Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
301 - 308 of 308 Posts

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Yes mine also pops up sometimes after the car is moving. Also of course the fwd-looking camera takes over the screen as you pull away from being parked. Which means you can't get at some functions until you're going fast enough to lose the fwd camera, in other words, too fast to really be messing about with screen controls. Harumph.

I would bet full voice command is coming soon. You just say "Car! Seat heater on 2!" and keep your hands on the wheel...
Yep, mine pops up AFTER I shift back out of the drive and shift into drive - basically force me to either dismiss the alert by taking my eyes off the road or immediately stop my car (to dismiss the alert) and possibly get rear ended. We really should complain to NTSB or someone and have GM do a 'recall' for this 'feature'.

·
Registered
2020 Bolt LT
418 Posts
Yep, mine pops up AFTER I shift back out of the drive and shift into drive - basically force me to either dismiss the alert by taking my eyes off the road or immediately stop my car (to dismiss the alert) and possibly get rear ended. We really should complain to NTSB or someone and have GM do a 'recall' for this 'feature'.
LOL, maybe we should get that fire thing fixed and under control first, then worry about some screen message, no?

·
Registered
966 Posts
Android Auto worked on my car for about a month. Hasn't worked since. Stupid Google. Hey Google, call wife. ........ nothing. Press speak button. Call wife. (gotta unlock phone maybe) Hey, Google, call wife. "Something went wrong".

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Android Auto worked on my car for about a month. Hasn't worked since. Stupid Google. Hey Google, call wife. ........ nothing. Press speak button. Call wife. (gotta unlock phone maybe) Hey, Google, call wife. "Something went wrong".
If you try to use voice commands on your phone when you are NOT connected to your car, does it work? Try asking it a simple question, like what is the population of Chicago, and see if it is able to answer. I ask because Android phones went through a software update a while back that messed with google assistant on the phones. It is possible that the car is working fine, but your phone isn't.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
If you try to use voice commands on your phone when you are NOT connected to your car, does it work? Try asking it a simple question, like what is the population of Chicago, and see if it is able to answer. I ask because Android phones went through a software update a while back that messed with google assistant on the phones. It is possible that the car is working fine, but your phone isn't.
Google knows a lot. He may want to ask his wife is she's happy. LOL

·
Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
155 Posts
If you live in CA, you can file a request for your data under the California Consumer Privacy Act. If you live in the EU, you can file a request under the General Data Protection Regulation. Other than that, you can contact your state legislator or member of Congress to advocate for similar privacy laws being passed.
I do live in California and I will do that. Hopefully the process is straight forward. It's my data from my car and I need to see what they are getting as a starting point.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Chevrolet Bolt
2,299 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
"If you try to use voice commands on your phone when you are NOT connected to your car, does it work?"

I was trying to teach my neighbor how to use his Consumer Cellular phone. I told him it could do things like "Hey Google, call 911" Next thing I know was my phone dialed 911.

I don't know who to blame but my 2013 F150 and Windows phone worked perfectly every time.

None of my cars work very well with Android Auto after about Feb 2021 update.

My wife plugged in her S21 and Bolt asked about projection device so maybe it can still use that feature??

301 - 308 of 308 Posts