Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I appear to be another unlucky owner with bad battery. I hope Chevy doesn’t give me the runaround. Late 2016 build date.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Good luck. Hopefully you have a decent dealer; it should all be covered by the warranty.

It used to be that if a battery went bad GM reached out to you (because the car knew something was up when it phoned home). I'm sorry to see that no longer happening.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Good luck. Hopefully you have a decent dealer; it should all be covered by the warranty.
It used to be that if a battery went bad GM reached out to you (because the car knew something was up when it phoned home). I'm sorry to see that no longer happening.
I honestly don't know, but I wonder if the reach out service was somehow connected to which OnStar service you currently held.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could someone point me in the right direction as far as the TSB that the dealer should be aware of regarding the inspection of battery? Before I go to the dealer I would like to be able to nudge them in the right direction.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have purchased enginelink from the App Store and ordered the recommended apple adapter. I hope to be able to pull some pid data in a few days

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have purchased enginelink from the App Store and ordered the recommended apple adapter. I hope to be able to pull some pid data in a few days
Since I am using Engine Link/ Old Apple iPad, I have a good PID csv file. Works great for me.
Something from 'Telek' here on the forums. Attached, I think.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I appear to be another unlucky owner with bad battery. I hope Chevy doesn’t give me the runaround. Late 2016 build date. View attachment 27758 View attachment 27759 View attachment 27760
Get ready for a lot of frustration. I’m currently trying to get the dealership, and even Chevy corporate to even acknowledge there’s an issue. “No error means nothing is wrong” will be the mantra. If you’re in LA, we should ride into a dealership together.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Looks like a known issue. Bring this to the dealer and tell them to FIX IT! From the article, I am hoping my Apr 2019 Bolt does not have the issue (article states issue fixed at the point of manufacturer Jan 2019). If on Feb 2019, it was 100 Bolts, I guess we're now at least 103 Bolts with the battery issues.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Better yet, call Chevrolet corporate and explain the situation along with the references showing that they DO know what is wrong, so stop torturing the customers... if that does not work, file a complaint with your state's AG or something.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Be thankful it didn't happen in another 40k miles .... it would most likely be on you to pay the repair unless some customer satisfaction arrangement could be made.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Also, be glad you're not having to fight the mfg for a replacement gas tank. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have an appointment with the dealer on Dec 2nd. My friend that has three volts has had reasonable success with this dealer. I went in and talked with the service lead and asked him to set me up with a time that coincides with their trained tech being there. He told me that they have one tech that "kind of handles" the ev stuff. If at all possible I want to talk with the tech and show him the PID's that he should look at. I am hoping that I can point him in the right direction, and if/when they find a bad cell they will help me out. I hope it all works out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My bolt is at the dealer now. I printed off the PID list as well as the article mentioned above. I showed the service manager that cell 15 is the culprit. I think I have done all I can.
poor car only showed 56 miles on full charge this morning.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
^ Seeing that cell level check result should be enough to get you a new battery.

You have done your due diligence and will be rewarded...

1 - 20 of 51 Posts