Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting more familiar with the car and my needs over the past 6 weeks.

Can those five or six bolts that are sticking up out of the sheet metal in what would be the spare tire well be dremelled off to being flush?? Anybody know what the downside of that would be? They didn't appear to go through to the free space underneath.

Are they important for a potential hitch install?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So Doc, they are otherwise expendable in an LT with no sub in its future?

·
Registered
92 Posts
So Doc, they are otherwise expendable in an LT with no sub in its future?
Re-posing this question. I'm making myself a plywood cover for the 'spare' well and would like to Dremel off those protruding bolts if they are indeed extraneous...

·
Registered
786 Posts
Re-posing this question. I'm making myself a plywood cover for the 'spare' well and would like to Dremel off those protruding bolts if they are indeed extraneous...
What is "Dremel off"? I can use many tools but I have never heard or read about such a tool. Or are you "branding" a function, such as "Osterizing" a meal, instead of using an electric blender?

Never do that! It is confusing, even for me.:(

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
"Dremel" is a tool company whose most popular product is a small, high speed rotary driver to which you can fit a variety of drilling, grinding, cutting, etc. accessories. I understand "Dremel off" as meaning to fit such a tool (made by Dremel or someone else) with a cutting disc and use it to saw off the protruding part of the bolt.

Kind of like "MacGyvering" a solution to a tricky problem?

Turning nouns into verbs is a sport, don't ya know?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts