Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

A Chevy Bolt can haul a double bass!

5K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Stovebolt6 
#1 ·
Or a string bass, upright bass, contrabass, bass fiddle, bull fiddle, whatever you want to call it.

I’m posting this (including all those name variants in the first sentence) because I really needed this info two months ago, when I was zeroing in on the Bolt as my EV of choice. Long searching of the internet yielded few results and no pictures.

I am a musician, and one of the instruments I play is double bass, as you can guess. Here are some pics of my complete rig loaded into my Bolt before a rehearsal this evening.

That’s a 3/4-size (which really means standard adult-size) bass in a Bobelock case with a Bass Buggy attached (the wheels). I’m also taking my own bar stool to sit on, my own music stand, a wooden stand to hold my bass upright when I’m not playing it, and my Gallien-Krueger M-150 amp.
Note that there is still space on the floor of the back seat. I may put that wooden stand down there if it fits.

It’s comfy. I can’t really rest my right arm on the console, but I can drive without any impediments. So yes, the Bolt is definitely double-bass sized!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Car seat cover Head restraint
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Center console
Car Vehicle Vehicle door Trunk Automotive exterior
Vehicle Car Trunk Luxury vehicle Automotive exterior
Car Vehicle Automotive exterior Vehicle door Auto part

See less See more
#6 ·
One caveat: if you have a Bolt Premier, no worries at all; it will work fine.
My Bolt is an LT, which does not come standard with the fake cargo floor in the back. I had to order that extra and have it installed. (I probably could have saved money and installed it myself, actually.)

I found it on the GM parts website.

Can you have too many basses, really? ?

#7 ·
It was in Chevrolet New Roads magazine. I get a subscription for having bought a Bolt.

Scroll about 2/3 of the way down to "Jazzed about the Bolt EV"

View attachment 27676
You know what? I actually did find this article online. What it was missing for me was more pictures of his bass in the car. I could see that he got the bass itself into the back, but not how far it extended into the front (e.g., headstock sitting on the dashboard or something?) or how much space was left for other equipment.

But this was indeed the piece that made me think it was possible.

I haven’t received this magazine (or emag) yet. I’ve had my Bolt for five and a half weeks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.