Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
American Bolts have DRL's, so the dealership is lying to cover their butt. They have no idea what that wire goes to and are making up a story to try and get you to shut up and purchase the car, and threatening you with an hour labor if you don't just shut up and purchase the car.
What!?! A Chevy dealer blowing smoke (up a wildcat's a$$) to try to cover their butt and make a sale? Say it ain't so, Joe! Say it ain't so!

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
And why would you ever want to?
In my former life I had to daily drive through a security check point and they wanted your lights off so they could see your face. I had a Toyota Sienna that for the life of me, I never figured out how to turn off the lights completely as it would switch to the daylight running lights. Security finally gave me a pass and they had to adjust as I wasn't the only one that had trouble turning off their lights.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
does it work now? it now has daylight running lights?
Yep. Everything is in order. This is our new baby.

The dealership sent me a detailed diagram and also a picture of the new wiring.

Thank you all for your help, you've been very helpful. Now, I'm slowly learning how to drive it and all the gadgets that come with it. Fun times!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Congrats. Hopefully you've figured out the one-pedal driving utilizing the 'L' mode.
I know! I actually had to use my brakes the other day for the first time in several weeks. Dope pulled right out in front of me, crossing four lanes of traffic to try to turn left.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Congrats. Hopefully you've figured out the one-pedal driving utilizing the 'L' mode.
Thanks. It's funny you say that because, after several days of driving in D, I tried the L yesterday and I love it! It's perfect to drive in the city. Later at night, I took our leased Nissan that we have to return and I really missed the lack of linear acceleration and the regenerative braking (why don't they add this to all cars, electric and non electric? It just makes sense, you get back some of the energy you spend.) I'm already getting accostumed to EV driving!

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
...I took our leased Nissan that we have to return and I really missed the lack of linear acceleration and the regenerative braking (why don't they add this to all cars, electric and non electric? It just makes sense, you get back some of the energy you spend.)
Cars with a hybrid powertrain use regenerative braking because they have an electric motor that can be used as a generator to convert forward momentum into electricity, and a battery where that energy can be stored. But with ICE vehicles there's no way to turn momentum back into gasoline, so braking just wastes energy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello all,

I am in the process of buying a used Chevy Bolt from a dealer. We had ours inspected by an independent garage and the only thing that came out that needed to be tended is a wire (the Red wire I'm pointing to) that was plugged on a fuse like in the picture bellow. The techs from the independent garage told us that the wire wasn't properly plugged. Now, the dealer says that the red wire is an add-on seeing as the car comes from the US and here in Canada they had to add day lights. They say that the wire is properly plugged and that, if I want to have it plugged in behind the panel so it's not visible, it will cost us 1 hour of work (and we haven't bought the car yet). This seems a bit fishy to me.

What can you tell me? Who is right, the independent garage or the dealer? Is the dealer trying to pull a fast one on me? Unfortunately, I know nothing about this, that's why I'm here. Thank you in advance.

View attachment 29326
That wire goes to an aftermarket accessory that the previous owner installed improperly. if you know what aftermarket accessories were installed you can figure out where those wires go to.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts