Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
WOW! A bunch of over priced farkles >:)
That's what happens when car makers think they created a lifestyle product where they think owners want to spice things up even more with official gear. I have been buying cars long enough to know that waiting for aftermarket parts or going universal for some of those is the better route... for me.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I find after market is usually more functional but not as easy on the eyes. For example the Bolt OEM all weather maps. Some of the aftermarket ones people are showing look like they cost about the same and the mats are more functional. They cover more of the car, have lips, etc. But they scream 'bad weather functionality' like a fisherman in his slicks. The Bolt OEM doesn't have the lip or full cover, but look so good I'll keep them year round, they actually look better than stock. And as I said it doesn't seem the cost is much different. The Cargo cover is unlikely to be ever an aftermarket item, license plate frames are everywhere but I haven't found any I like nearly as much as OEM.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Just ordered the Cargo Security Shade in Dark Galvanized from eBay from $169 shipped. I think that was the last bit of the interior that was "missing" from the factory...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I do like the Bolt EV Frames and the stronger security shelf. I am considering the door sills just because of the rainy weather here. Has anybody gone that route?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yes! 50 plus years. My current bikes are BMW's too >:) 2013 GSA and a 2016 S1000RR :D
Nice, I have to shamefully admit that my wife made me hang my bikes (Triumph 1050 Speed Triple, KTM 690 SMC Supermoto and KTM 450 EXC Enduro) when we got the kids a few years back, though, I got a family friendly AMG E63 Wagon instead back then!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I do like the Bolt EV Frames and the stronger security shelf. I am considering the door sills just because of the rainy weather here. Has anybody gone that route?
I was wondering where those went. The picture they have is not of a Bolt. They do show it going not on the painted metal but on the plastic sill, however the Bolt sill is narrow (looks narrower than the car they show) and it isn't flat. Doesn't seem to equate.

·
Registered
989 Posts
As you have your location listed as Monterey, have you taken the S1000RR to Laguna Seca?

Hehe, cagers never say farkles :laugh:
No, but I did take my CBR1000RR there a few years ago. I have some hooligan friends that drag me out to play on the track every few years. I've also done Thunder Hill a lot, but not on the 16 S1000RR yet.

·
Registered
232 Posts
No, but I did take my CBR1000RR there a few years ago. I have some hooligan friends that drag me out to play on the track every few years. I've also done Thunder Hill a lot, but not on the 16 S1000RR yet.
That's a bucket list track for me! Someday...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts