Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saying hey after I picked up my "used" Bolt Premier two weeks ago. I lucked out and found a used one with 2k miles that was fully loaded, in the color I wanted and at a great price. Anyone else have a used one?

The Bolt has been on my mind since I test drove one last year and fell in love with its torque and one pedal driving. Plus I commute 140 miles a day. Now I smile every time I drive past my old gas station :D.

This forum's already been great in helping me decide to buy and in giving me ideas for dash cam and phone mounts. So thanks!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, how much was it? I'm all about used, but the Bolt is a bit new for me yet.
So it came out to 12k under MSRP and about 1-2k less than any other Premier I could find around the country. I just figured that the first owner took the $7500 credit and I got some additional savings and the additional benefit of not having to wait till next years tax return.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Nemy, I'm a Noob here, but also a used Bolt shopper. 12k below for loaded Premier sounds like you got a great price. If you don't mind emailing me privately about it, please do. I hope I get that lucky - would like to get a used, loaded Premier here in Iowa within the next 3-6 weeks. Cheers. JoeBolt

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I just figured that the first owner took the $7500 credit and I got some additional savings and the additional benefit of not having to wait till next years tax return.
Glad you got what seems a good deal.

There was some Fast Eddie down in SLC offering to sell a new Model 3 for list and he keeps the credit and you get the car now. I've done the math and given all the hassles and friction of buying and selling a car for $12K below MSRP, I can't make the $7500 tax credit be worth all the confusion, unless one has the connection to buy waaay below MSRP but that's just me.

jack vines

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Nemy, I'm a Noob here, but also a used Bolt shopper. 12k below for loaded Premier sounds like you got a great price. If you don't mind emailing me privately about it, please do. I hope I get that lucky - would like to get a used, loaded Premier here in Iowa within the next 3-6 weeks. Cheers. JoeBolt
I used cargurus to filter nationwide. That way you can see what the average prices are too. Most of the ones I found were 10k less with ~4-7k miles. Unfortunately it doesn't look like there are any Premiers around Iowa right now. Road trip?

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
Is that kosher? Don't you have to own the car for at least a certain amount of time to claim the credit?
I think the way the tax language is worded, as long as you intended to keep the car as your own, you are eligible to keep the credit. That is obviously open to interpretation.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I think the way the tax language is worded, as long as you intended to keep the car as your own, you are eligible to keep the credit. That is obviously open to interpretation.
He also has to "place it in service", and court challenges have resolved that to be licensed and registered in his name.

At that point it cannot be sold as "new" to another party.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Used Bolt Blues?

Sigh. I've been all over CarGurus and love their site with the price drop and nationwide comps that are available, so I'm kind-of down to a handful of immediate options and I'm struggling... maybe I'll turn this into it's own thread, but here's the gist:

Signed up with Carvana today, because I really like what they're doing as a future for internet sales, "vending machines" and deliveries nationwide. But guess what? They don't even list the Chevy Bolt in their dropdown menu, so it was an interesting Live Chat with their representative today...

Next, I'm finding seemingly fair deals on used Premiers that are loaded, but none seem to have the DC-FC option installed.

So, the dilemma: Is a $33 - $34,500 loaded, used Bolt with 5k miles on it (1G1FX6S02H4112995) worth having if it does NOT have DC-FC? If I'm looking forward to sharing this with my teenager for the next 6-8years, should I worry over the lack of DC-FC ??

My situation doesn't normally let me take the $7500 tax credit, but with all of 2018 left, I could probably arrange to create a tax liability enough to take the full credit... but that's just a false notion and I'm not really saving any actual dollars that way... I'm just making myself feel better about buying NEW over USED.

The midwest needs more used Bolts to come off leases and trade-ins, but I just don't want to wait that long.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would want DC-FC. Just today, actually, I realized that I didn't have my car plugged in overnight. If I really wanted to, though, I could've driving 70 miles to work and fast charged. It just gives you options. Plus there are some free chargers that you wouldn't be able to take advantage of. So at $750 it's a no-brainer for me - especially if you're buying one to use for foreseeable future.

In any event, I pulled up the VIN you posted and it doesn't have driver confidence 2 either. So that car is wayyy too expensive for what you're getting. It's more expensive than a stock Premier with $7500 credit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
it’s a grateful thing to have your feedback, so thank you, Nemy.
i don’t know if it’s cool to post VINs like this, but if so, here is another: 1G1FX6S0XH4149034
which seems to have everything i’m looking for today for $32k plus delivery (which will probably be ~$1k); with 11k miles; not sure if this is the sweet spot, with Confidence-II, Infotainment, and FastCharge...
but pickings are slim... help! am i guilty of VINstalking??

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That looks much more reasonable though the miles are a bit high compared to other ones (if you care).

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm calling it good...

OMG. About to sign...

Florida VIN; Summit White with 2LZ package, C-II/Infotainment, DC-Fast Charge, 3,000 miles - all delivered, taxed, titled, and tagged in Iowa for $36,346. Dealer was able to sell "New" (as a rental), qualify for the February 2018 $2017 Fast Start rebate (ends Feb 12th), and had already deducted the $7500 tax credit from MSRP. I'm driving this off the delivery truck in the next 2 weeks for this all-in cost. I'm not sure if I feel a little dirty, but there is no way i can qualify for the tax credit, so I had to find a way to buy almost-new.

If anyone says "BAIL OUT NOW!" please do so. Contracts are being overnighted tonight (2/6), so I still have legitimate means to walk away. I can't get this equivalent model off the lot today in central Iowa, and the most i think i could have dickered is about another $600 of the price, but who knows?

For a used BOLT with 3000 miles, as a price, I'm right between $33,600 and FMV of $35,560, according to Car Gurus.

So, I started Joe's Garage today(but I'm too new to post the link)... jumping in with both feet. Onward!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I found a used Prem in my neck of the woods with 5145 miles on it but it was going for $41500. What the H? I can get a new loaded one for less than that with some of the dealer incentives around here. Some are offering $4k off MSRP if I take delivery by Feb 28.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
OMG. About to sign...

Florida VIN; Summit White with 2LZ package, C-II/Infotainment, DC-Fast Charge, 3,000 miles - all delivered, taxed, titled, and tagged in Iowa for $36,346. Dealer was able to sell "New" (as a rental), qualify for the February 2018 $2017 Fast Start rebate (ends Feb 12th), and had already deducted the $7500 tax credit from MSRP. I'm driving this off the delivery truck in the next 2 weeks for this all-in cost. I'm not sure if I feel a little dirty, but there is no way i can qualify for the tax credit, so I had to find a way to buy almost-new.

If anyone says "BAIL OUT NOW!" please do so. Contracts are being overnighted tonight (2/6), so I still have legitimate means to walk away. I can't get this equivalent model off the lot today in central Iowa, and the most i think i could have dickered is about another $600 of the price, but who knows?

For a used BOLT with 3000 miles, as a price, I'm right between $33,600 and FMV of $35,560, according to Car Gurus.

So, I started Joe's Garage today(but I'm too new to post the link)... jumping in with both feet. Onward!

Sounds like a great deal. I've got the Summit white Premier which I was the one that put the 3K miles on it. So, it's like new. I can attest. Do you have a build date?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I guess it depends on how much it'd normally cost to ship to Iowa since it sounds like you'd have to pay a premium no matter what. If they're actually selling it as "new" you might want to check in on state rebates/incentives since the car should still qualify even if it's already used the federal credit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
yep... Iowa’s about the worst; no state credit to speak of that’s still valid; not even an active rebate for charging apparati in my area from my power Co... while other towns do. Des Moines still has far to go. with a proper state credit, i should’ve been able to shed another ~$1750... alas.
but I’m pumped, and so is Joe.
thanks all. price is now behind me...
that’s a great feeling!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts