Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Done! We bought it. Slow charging in the driveway as I type. All seems good. Thanks again for all the insights. Drove about 40km's today. Amazed by the regen!!! Those 40km's only seemed to cost us 10km's in actual range somehow. That is probably a naive observation. Too bad trying to set up KeyPass has drained all my energy! Oh yeah - the seat! The seat back is fine but the seat bottom seems like it was made for a super small torso. I am pretty average sized. The flared seat wings rub me the wrong way. I just ordered a purple seat cushion. Fingers crossed.
To close on a positive note I am blown away by how quickly this thing moves. Immediate seperation from other vehicles. Also, on our way home from the dealer we saw a friend walking on the sidewalk. The car just rolled along silently while she walked and we drove and we all talked. Pretty cool.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
You'll be good with the seat cushion. Also, easy enough to take the seat bottom cover off and put that cushion under the existing cushion and seat heating wiring.

Front Seat Fix
Thanks - I had read about this seat cushion not working well with the heated seats - good to know about this hack.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The more you drive the Bolt, the better it gets; then one day soon you'll have to drive an ICE and there's the momentary panic, "What's wrong with this thing? Why isn't the pedal making the car slow and accelerate as I move my foot? What's with all the noise?"

jack vines
So true. After a few months of driving nothing but my Bolt, I happened to drive my wife's (very smooth running) RAV4 and I actually asked her if something was wrong with the car or if the gas pedal normally vibrated that much while the engine was running! LOL

·
Registered
928 Posts
I'm a broken record with this, but my 17 makes me think of a Ford ST more than anything. What with its great handling, 0-60 in 6.x, and being a FF hatch with an non-compliant ride and seats. For better and worse, that is what it is.

For my preferences, mostly for the better.

I got to say, when I hop in a good ICE I do not miss the Bolt much.. maybe the brakes. Regardless of propulsion system, a good car is good. Sure if hop in a lousy ICE I miss everything. But yes, the Bolt is a good car.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I got to say, when I hop in a good ICE I do not miss the Bolt much.. maybe the brakes. Regardless of propulsion system, a good car is good. Sure if hop in a lousy ICE I miss everything. But yes, the Bolt is a good car.
I'm a broken record on this, but when I have to drive even good ICEs, I realize what a game-changer the Bolt's one-pedal operation has become. Being able to instantly modulate vehicle speed with only the right foot only on one pedal is transformative.

jack vines

21 - 28 of 28 Posts