Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 Volt owner her with 145k miles and almost years in it. Love the car, but definitely starting to notice some loss of battery capacity. Going from 10.4kWh when brand new to about 9.0kWh now and my range has dropped from 45mi to about 35mi. But considering most of those miles were electric, charging twice daily, I'm pretty happy with the longevity of the battery pack so far. If the Bolt is an improvement on that I could definitely see myself spending another 6-8 years in another Chevy EV. If I didn't have some other little mechanical issues popping up that are starting to need attention I probably wouldn't even be looking for a new car yet.

I had a chance to test drive a Bolt last week and it looks great. The 200+ mile range is great. the only other car really on my list right now is the BMW i3, if only for the slightly more luxurious interior, but the Bolt seems to beat it out in every other respect. So I'll probably be going to look at another Bolt tomorrow. Anyone have any good dealer suggestions in the Chicago area? Most don't seem willing to give prices lower than their website prices, which are about 1-2k off MSRP. Not really a huge discount. And the closest dealer to me isn't even selling Bolts. So I'd rather not drive all over town shopping and haggling in person if I can first find a dealer that's willing to be more flexible with their pricing.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
When comparing Bolt to i3 (as many of us have done), note FWD vs RWD, range, cargo area size (both volume & flat area), width of rear seat (true five passenger vs "five" passenger), and price. The Bolt wins all these comparisons. (And I did not find the workmanship to be superior in the BMW.)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I purchased yesterday! So I guess I'll bump my own post and just put this here if it's useful for anyone else in the future. For anyone in the Chicago area, Chevrolet of Naperville is definitely worth a look. They actually had quite a few Bolts on hand, and there's an actual test track nearby we could test handling with the Bolt but still be off actual roads and out of traffic. They were a bit secretive on their true best pricing up front, but then again most dealers are. Took a hit on the trade-in of the Volt though, but I kind of expected that. If I didn't already have some mechanical problems that needed fixing I would have kept it and sold it myself. But in this case, easy negotiation with them though and they were willing to do some extras to meet my price.

Going to love not having the ICE kick in for any trips over 40 miles! Only thing I am going to miss is the audio quality in my 2012 Volt. I knew the Bolt's audio wasn't the best, but man what a step down from the Volt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts