Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, ABRP decided to "improve" itself, in part, it seems, by switching UI libraries. It looks like in the process, they did not implement a significant amount of functionality in the new UI. And now, it's mostly useless for actual planning. I can no longer define a maximum speed, anticipated wind, and a whole bunch of other factors for a trip--or if I can, I sure as heck can't find how anymore. I mean, the default is metric with no way (again, that I can find) to change it.

So, what do folks suggest as a useful alternative?

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Well, ABRP decided to "improve" itself, in part, it seems, by switching UI libraries. It looks like in the process, they did not implement a significant amount of functionality in the new UI. And now, it's mostly useless for actual planning. I can no longer define a maximum speed, anticipated wind, and a whole bunch of other factors for a trip--or if I can, I sure as heck can't find how anymore. I mean, the default is metric with no way (again, that I can find) to change it.

Chevy's trip planner is actually far better than ABRP for estimating energy usage in the Bolt EV, but the UI needs a lot of work. It also seems to be missing some of the newer chargers, so it's a bit of a work in progress.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tou might want to explore the Plan a Route in the My Chevrolet app. It seems to have some enhanced capabilities but I have not used it in a trip. The interesting part is that it is using driving data from the Bolt (you must plug you phone into the USB cable to the car and load the app on the infotainment system). It has a link with all of the charging stations including all of the new stations at Harley dealers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts