Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting my car in reverse automatically activates my backup screen view, then when shifting into drive my forward view screen comes on until I reach a preset speed. However, when in drive approaching a head in parking space going slowly my forward view screen does not come on. Does anyone know if there is a way to turn on the forward screen view to help facilitate parking?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Click on your Home Screen and if you are stopped or slow enough the "Camera" icon will be available . It is "faded" if moving too fast.
Wish that was easier to activate !

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
If you can put in R for a second (don't actually have to move backwards) then D, it maintains the forward view as long as you don't get past ~ 5 mph. Last Saturday, leaving the stadium lot after the game, I had to go VERY slowly, or be stopped, for over 10 minutes. I did not have to back out of the space but could pull through. I put it in D and after 2-3 minutes of < 4 mph, the front camera came on of its own accord. This was the only time I have ever noticed this.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Click on your Home Screen and if you are stopped or slow enough the "Camera" icon will be available . It is "faded" if moving too fast.
Wish that was easier to activate !
Yeah that's the way to do it. Unfortunately it can take three clicks, so briefly shifting into reverse is usually faster. I wish they would map this to a physical button.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts