Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Picked up my new Bolt EV today from Sands Chevrolet in Surprise! The dealership received their first two vehicles yesterday and I was one of the lucky ones!

Reactions: adoreizi

·
Registered
862 Posts
Hey all,

Picked up my new Bolt EV today from Sands Chevrolet in Surprise! The dealership received their first two vehicles yesterday and I was one of the lucky ones!
Let us know how it does in 120 degree heat :eek:

Do you have a 240V EVSE to help keep the battery conditioned when parked (I see a Volt listed in your sig)?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Charging daily?

DucRider: Do you plug in every night? I have the Siemens VersiCharge 240v EVSE but usually wait until "low" to recharge. The Bolt rarely sits (in garage, partially air-conditioned) for more than one day without being driven, but how much "juice" do you (we) lose when parked?

·
Registered
862 Posts
DucRider: Do you plug in every night? I have the Siemens VersiCharge 240v EVSE but usually wait until "low" to recharge. The Bolt rarely sits (in garage, partially air-conditioned) for more than one day without being driven, but how much "juice" do you (we) lose when parked?
The heat in an Arizona can be brutal for EV's (ask Nissan).

Chevy recommends keeping the Bolt plugged in when temps are over 90, and at times the overnight low in the Phoenix area is greater than that.

A WV conditioned garage is likely no problem, but you consider plugging in if your garage temps are <32 or >90. See the users manual.

The juice you lose in an 80 degree garage will be very different than an EV parked in full sun on asphalt on a 115 degree day.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have the Siemens VersiCharge 240v EVSE but usually wait until "low" to recharge.
Why? Set hilltop reserve and plug it in every time you park in the garage. You will never end up in the situation of not having enough charge for your daily activities.

In addition, any conditioning that has to be done (to keep the battery cells cool/warm enough) will use power directly from the grid rather than storing it in your batteries first.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am installing a second Level 2 charger in our garage... one for the Volt the other for the Bolt. I have kept the 2014 Volt plugged in all the time when we're home... it definitely helps when the Volt has to do temperature regulation on the battery pack... it draws off the house instead of battery. Highly recommended IMHO.

After driving our Volt for 3 years here in Phoenix I can tell you this... the hot summers doesn't ding range nearly as bad as the "cold" winters. The heating systems (HVAC for the car, the temp regulations for the batter) are far more impactful on range than the cooling system. My wife has 3 years of experience that says she loses 5-7 miles each day on the Volt when the heaters are running in Jan / Feb here in Arizona. Summer? Maybe 1 or 2 miles loss but my wife also has a heavy lead right foot. :)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Congratulations on the Bolt! But now upon looking at your signature... the 71' Chevelle is heavily interesting me however...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Congrats for being the first one in AZ to buy from AZ dealer I guess!!

Was it a lease or buy, and did you got any discount like we see in CA? I am in north phoenix too but waiting for the lease prices to become comparable (sub $300/pm) with that in CA. I talked to couple of California dealers and they can only sell to non-CA folks and not lease.

And hope to see your Bolt around North Phoenix!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congratulations on the Bolt! But now upon looking at your signature... the 71' Chevelle is heavily interesting me however...
The Chevelle is my original high school car... got lucky that through the years no one ever offered me enough to tempt me to sell it! I'm rebuilding it (well, since 2012)... body-off-frame, full build with a 6.0 LQ4 iron-block LS engine at the heart... 435 at the rear wheels. Yeah, the Bolt is my personal carbon-offset. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats for being the first one in AZ to buy from AZ dealer I guess!!

Was it a lease or buy, and did you got any discount like we see in CA? I am in north phoenix too but waiting for the lease prices to become comparable (sub $300/pm) with that in CA. I talked to couple of California dealers and they can only sell to non-CA folks and not lease.

And hope to see your Bolt around North Phoenix!!
I live up in Tramonto, I-17 and Carefree Highway area. Keep your eyes open for my Cajun Red Bolt.. having a blast with it!

I leased the Bolt. I purchased the 2014 Volt and got hit with the huge depreciation hit. I figure in 36 months I pick up a Gen 2 Bolt. :) Sands was very friendly to work with and made me a good deal but I've purchased or leased my last 6 cars with them so I had that going for me. I cannot recommend enough Sands Chevrolet in Surprise... I know it's a drive from north Phoenix but they are worth it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
112 Posts
I live up in Tramonto, I-17 and Carefree Highway area. Keep your eyes open for my Cajun Red Bolt.. having a blast with it!
As soon as they get the DCFC's up and running in Blythe I'm going to be bringing our Cajun Red Bolt to Phoenix, just north of you in Anthem.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As soon as they get the DCFC's up and running in Blythe I'm going to be bringing our Cajun Red Bolt to Phoenix, just north of you in Anthem.
Excellent!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I will go for a different color then from both of you just for a distinction!! I am couple of exits south of you guys on Jomax.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Congrats! So you may get some weird looks from people on the road. Actually had a guy follow me in to Costco to ask about the car. I am south of you guys at 101 & 56th Desert Ridge area. In laws live in Anthem so you may see me up your way soon. Did you get Alt Fuel plate yet? I am still waiting on title from CA dealer. Latest is they had to have GM reissue one for some reason. I also added my self to Bolt stats same user name as here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts