Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

Adaptive Cruise Control....I THOUGHT I had it.

6K views 41 replies 16 participants last post by  stevensmarkd 
#1 ·
So I recently chimed in on another thread that I had ACC on my EUV LT Redline, but now I honestly don't know. I could have sworn that I used it on the way home from the dealer when I picked it up. I have the front camera system and I have the "gap-set" button on the steering wheel. It definitely has emergency braking. I've tried toggling ACC via the "cruise-cancel" button per the manual while sitting still (haven't tried this while in motion yet). I've read different things saying the EUV LT did not offer ACC, but having the camera and gap-set option makes me ask, if that's true........why?

Based on what I described, should I have ACC or are these systems used only for autonomous braking?

#14 ·
I would someone to explain to me why Lane Assist works so well when used with ACC when Supercruise is activated, yet does such a P poor job of keeping the car in the lane when used standalone.

#19 ·
My mileage is definitely varying. This was on a state hwy. There was a solid white line marking the shoulder before the center divider.

The car also drifted to the right when I ran this experiment, crossing over a dashed white line into the adjacent lane.

This same general stretch of freeway had rendered good results with SC active.

This photo is close to my former failure. Interesting that it fails on this.

#20 ·
I've generally had good results with Lane Keep Assist (LKA) but it needs to be ACTIVE (not just ON) to work. In the DIC, you'll see the LKA symbol in green when it's active. Just because LKA is ON (LED on it's button is lit on the steering wheel) doesn't mean it's active. Part of how LKA works is based on the camera behind the rear view mirror, and that means it's parsing the video stream constantly. It only "locks on" and goes active when it recognizes what it sees. As the poster above noted, it works better on some stretches of road than others - clean and well-painted/maintained roads work much better than crumbly roads with faded striping. Even on well-maintained roads it may not necessarily work. Regardless, if you don't see the symbol on the DIC in green then LKA won't do anything even if it's turned on.

Looks like this:

If that symbol is amber then the system is actively trying to correct steering and/or giving you a Lane Departure Warning (LDW). For the 2019 Bolt EV the description of how the system works is on pages 234 through 236 of the 2019 manual.

#34 ·
If you don’t have ACC, the “distance” button on the wheel controls the sensitivity of the vehicle ahead icon and forward collision alert (red dots on the windshield and beeps). The unit of measure is ‘seconds’ of follow distance. There is a green “vehicle ahead” icon in the upper left region of the display when a vehicle is detected up ahead. When you are closer than the set follow distance (in ‘seconds’), the vehicle icon will change to orange to alert you that you are too close. If you are closing in too fast, it will also alert via the red dots and beeps. I do not believe that it adjusts the behavior of the automated emergency braking. This is all according to the what I could find in the owners manual (I know, I know, someone has to be “that guy”).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.