Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Nightfall Gray Metallic Bolt Premier
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, that could be a bummer. Don't want water getting in there or having it pop open unexpectedly.

·
Premium Member
2019 Bolt Premier
3 Posts
Just ordered this so can't say if it works or sucks. Will post comments and pictures as soon as I get mine.

I purchased this very device about 10 months ago. Also bought one for a friend who let me drive her 2019 blue LT. I instantly drank the cool-aid and purchased my own 2019 gray Premier. Both lights work perfectly in both cars, no problem with cover door closure (be sure to put in place as a test before securing it to be sure it is seated properly to avoid charge door closing problem) It is very easy to install-just use the directions and test your actions on the car before securing it. This is my 1st 3-D printed product, and it works. The design is pretty basic, made to work not look pretty. Can’t comment on how easy the battery replacement will be when the time comes. The light does turn off automatically after about 30 seconds or so even if the charge door has to be open for charging. We have found this light to be very useful and much less costly than the GM accessory.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
Have had ours for 29 months. Still works perfectly. Closing the door requires a slightly more deliberate push at the latch location, to depress the switch, but even my arthritic wife can do it without difficulty.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had the OEM Illuminated Charge Point installed by the dealer, last year, shortly after I purchased my 2020 Bolt. I used my $100 in GM credits to help with the price, but it was still expensive. The unit lists installation time of one hour, and my dealer's labor rate is $169/hr.

It is nice. I tell everyone that, before I had the Illuminated Charge Point installed, every time that I tried to plug in to charge after sunset, was like having sex in the dark.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts