Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
My wife likes to put her purse there. It's also handy to put takeout containers there. :)

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I just inelegantly looped the handle of a plastic grocery bag over the passenger side head rest and let the bag hang down above the rear seat knee area. Handy to reach stuff across and drop it in the bag.
I used to do this but found eventually the bag would get full enough that it "banged" on the rear of the front passenger seat and make crinkling sounds that plastic bags make.

Reactions: Torontonian69

·
Registered
24 Posts
It turns out that the small size Kleenex box fits perfectly into the center floor console and an empty box serves as a garbage basket to help keep the car clean. There...my small, low tech, low cost contribution to keeping the world a cleaner place 0:)
I use a lower/longer version of the Kleenex box, and found a nice clip on cup at IKEA that I hook onto the “dash-pocket” (which is good to hold a pack of TicTacs, btw). It’s the little things that make me happy!
http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/50303735/

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
We have a small, collapsible umbrella, a flashlight, a plastic, squeezable coin holder for meter money, a windshield scraper (seasonal), and a handful of napkins in the "cave". "Wet Wipes" and a pair of soft gloves are in the glovebox. My iPod (300 songs) is in the console, always plugged in to the second USB connected to the infotainment screen. Our emptiable plastic trash bag is behind the passenger seat.

·
Registered
29 Posts
great idea! i didn't think to put the little box of tissues there! will do that now! thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
My wife likes to put her purse there. It's also handy to put takeout containers there. :)
Hers must be a diminutive purse; the properly sized one would barely fit through the door ... here is a perfectly sized purse (the yellow thing is an early 1970's, astronaut helmet-inspired night light, for size comparison)

·
Registered
928 Posts
Sooooo nice having a flat floor both front and back. Ever car I can remember being in has a huge hump through the cabin, and I'm talking front wheel drive cars here.

If the bolt had an option for a bench front seat, I'd have checked that box..

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Flat floors are very nice, especially for back seat passengers who like to shuffle their feet around to get out fidgety issues.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes, it has a small hook on the back. Perfect size.
Ah! Got it now! thank you

Just bought one. Works like a charm.
I just happened upon this thread as I just purchased a bolt and immediately went to Ikea and picked one up for $1. It is the perfect trash can for the car, however it was a little loose hanging there I put a little bit of 3M adhesive on the underside of the hook of the can so that attaches more securely to the lip of the car bin, and now it's perfect!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I found if I wedged some folded up paper, it kept a make-shift kleenex trash box rock solid through my driving. No need for adhesives. There's usually some gap on the sides of the trash box. I just folded up some post-it notes and wedged the box solid.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts