Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I took it out today for local driving, up to 50 mph, and no detectable wind noise from the bars. They are also super sturdy. I will update if that changes on interstate speeds.
55-62 mph last night and still no wind noise. I won't know effect on efficiency until I do a complete cycle on charging.

·
Registered
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier
48 Posts
55-62 mph last night and still no wind noise. I won't know effect on efficiency until I do a complete cycle on charging.
With my Thule bars I don’t notice loss of efficiency at 65mph, I had them on for a couple of weeks now, yours look even more aerodynamic than the Thule’s , I find mine to be too beefy for my liking .

·
Registered
52 Posts
A couple of questions:

1) how long does it take to remove/install the crossbars? I wonder how awkward it is to install the bolts leaning over the roof line.
2) what are the options to put accessories onto the crossbars? For instance, ski racks, kayak mounts, bike racks: these accessories are typically specified for either Thule or Yakima: are there generic versions or what are the other options?

·
Registered
6 Posts
A couple of questions:

1) how long does it take to remove/install the crossbars? I wonder how awkward it is to install the bolts leaning over the roof line.
2) what are the options to put accessories onto the crossbars? For instance, ski racks, kayak mounts, bike racks: these accessories are typically specified for either Thule or Yakima: are there generic versions or what are the other options?
The angle for installing/removing the bolts that secure the crossbars to the roof rails makes is a bit tight for direct tool access unless you have a short-throw right angle driver. A short flexible bit driver would be very useful combined with an electric screwdriver for making this a faster job. I don't plan on removing them except for long trips where I know I will not need them and range is important.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts