Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing too mind blowing, but I've had my eye on these nifty small USB storage devices, and the new Bolt was just the excuse to pick one up. This is a 128GB SanDisk Ultra Fit flash drive. Because of its small physical size it is very inconspicuous and fits nicely in the USB slot next to my phone charging cable. I picked it up on amazon for around $25.

My previous ICE car had a built in hard drive that you could load your music on to via a thumb drive. I think I like this better because I can remove it, edit easily, and there's probably more storage than the system can handle. One thing to keep note of is that the maximum file count the system can see is 5000 and the directory structure can only be 15 levels deep (I think). Anyway, I do wish there was a search function or a select artist by letter for quicker navigation. All in all, I'm just happy to have my tunes back on the road. ?

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
You can actually select the artist/album by first letter when you navigate via the instrument cluster. Being able to select my music without having to move my eyes to the infotainment screen is the main reason I'm using a USB drive instead of Android Auto. I just wish there wasn't the 5000 song limit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can actually select the artist/album by first letter when you navigate via the instrument cluster.j
Thanks for the tip! I'm so used to only having a dash touch screen from my previous car that I forget about the instrument cluster functioality on the Bolt. I too was a little disappointed at first with the file count limit, but I can bet that my other system probably was less than that - still 5000 is around 400 to 500 CDs so I think I'll be satisfied.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I'm a lot easier to please. I pulled out my Sony Walkman that's been sitting in the bottom of my underwear drawer for about 8 years. To my delight it's still got all my favourites - - Creedence, Supertramp, Sting/Police, ABBA etc you name it. So I just plug it into the mini stereo jack in the centre of the Bolt's console and set the music to "all songs" and "shuffle" and then select AUX input source. Of course nothing shows up on the screen but the music is as great as ever !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts