Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Bolt LT
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the grab handle that is on top of the passenger side, I would like to have it on the driver side. Is it possible to add?
Wish chevy would have done that. My honda civic had it on both side.

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
the grab handle that is on top of the passenger side, I would like to have it on the driver side. Is it possible to add?
Wish chevy would have done that. My honda civic had it on both side.
I guess the thing to do would be to pull off the rubber grommet above the drivers door and peer under the headliner to see if there are screw holes for the bolts that hold it on. If the holes are there I'd expect the same part as the passenger side would fit.

·
Registered
2020 Bolt LT
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks.
I will certainly do just that. if it does have the mounting structure it would be easy, except the headliner does not have the correct molded indentations.
I am so used to having this in our Silverado and the Honda civic, I am constantly reaching for it while driving. It provide a relaxing feeling for my arm.

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
If it does have the mounting structure it would be easy, except the headliner does not have the correct molded indentations.
Let us know what you find. If it does have the mounting points, I'm guessing a little bit of steam treatment and some judicious application of pressure would do a decent job of conforming the headliner.

I think there are some side curtain airbags up there too, be careful with them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts